Wire size guide?

Ranger Digital

It would be nice if there was a quick reference for what wire size to use for what. There are plenty of people in the wire stage of pre-drywall that I am confident it would help.

Example. what size to use for alarm, motion sensors, window sensors, control panels, lcd's, etc. I need to know now a few of those,. so if anyone has some input, LOL

also, when should i NEVER run 1 pair? never? when will i never need more than 1 pair? maybe on door sensors? I would hate to run 2 wire then find out later an upgrade with 4 wire is needed. like on a motion sensor or smoke alarm. I am confident i only need one pair on a water sensor going under a sink.

Is there a guide already made up or can someone help a few of us out here? THANKS!

OK since i posted the above, my box of 22/4 arrived UPS and I am not sure where I cant use this , where i MUST use this and anywhere I can use it. LOL

There has GOT to be a guide somewhere. I know I could read every install manual and figure it out, but was hoping for a quick reference guide. thanks!

ps. Does this make me a lazy bum? LOL

OK since i posted the above, my box of 22/4 arrived UPS and I am not sure where I cant use this , where i MUST use this and anywhere I can use it. LOL

There has GOT to be a guide somewhere. I know I could read every install manual and figure it out, but was hoping for a quick reference guide. thanks!

ps. Does this make me a lazy bum? LOL

If you haven't read through this guide yet, make sure to.

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=6700

It answers a lot of questions about pre-wiring for many different types of systems.

Back