Wireless sensors/PIR/heat compatible with older wireless receiver?

Madcodger

<p>Hi all,</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I installed my Elk M1G back in 2010 and it has been flawless, including the wireless components (7 smokes + 2 door/window sensors) that connect via an M1XRF2G. I am running firmware 5.3.0 on the M1G. I now need to install two additional door/window sensors, two pet-immune PIRs, a heat detector, and an additional smoke detector. Can anyone recommend sensor models (or series) that will work with this old wireless receiver? Thanks in advance for any help. &nbsp;</p>

Madcodger said:
Hi all,   I installed my Elk M1G back in 2010 and it has been flawless, including the wireless components (7 smokes + 2 door/window sensors) that connect via what I thought was an M1XRF2G. But I see that I am running firmware 5.3.0 on the M1G, and I thought one needed the 4.x series firmware for the XRF2G. So, perhaps it is an EG? I believe these are each now discontinued, but I see no reason to upgrade given their performance; however, I need to install a two additional door/window sensors, two pet-immune PIRs, and a heat detector in the garage. I might want to install an additional smoke detector as well. Can anyone recommend items that will work with this old wireless receiver? Thanks in advance for any help.  

GE Security morphed into Interlogix and their wireless sensors are compatible with the M1XRFEG.  The EG is still being sold and supported by Elk.

You can tell which wireless receiver you have by looking at how many antenna connectors it has.  The 2G has 4 connectors, one on each corner of the circuit board.  The EG has just 2, on the top edge of the circuit board.

Back