Wireless Zones going to Wired

tmbrown97

OK - it's way too late for me to be up working on this, but I got the M1XRF2G installed and I added 3 groups of wireless zones (exp 4,5,6) to leave room for my existing XIN and room to grow.

I keep manually enrolling a device at the keypad so I can come back to the PC and see exactly how it sets up (all the rest of the sensors are already installed; I just kept track of their codes) - and when I do, RP, as expected, highlights that there are conflicts. I receive them, then I go looking for my new sensor (in this case it's zone 77) and there's no Wireless Setup button. ??? Why do they all show as hardwired zones?

Thinking it's late, I've done this 3 times now where I delete the zones then re-add them - clearly see that they say hardwired - then I go enroll successfully at the keypad - then I come back, it says Wireless Zones still... I check for conflicts - a conflict is found - it does a Receive on Wireless Setup - and once again, all my zones think they're hardwired?

Clearly a bug somewhere - What gives? Is there a workaround or a fix?

I updated the XEP, M1 and ElkRP all to their newest versions tonight before starting this adventure.

Edit: My workaround was to stop receiving from the receiver and just manually add all the transmitters - seems to be working great.

Are the zone types coming through as EOL/Sup. RF for the zone types? Tried re-enrolling all the bus devices? I had an install do this once and I made a fresh template and received all the data from the panel into it and never had it show up again.

Pan - they have to be set higher than any of your wired zones. I started at group four, which is zone 49 starting since I already have an XIN and I left room for one more.

DEL - I manually corrected the issue - but they were coming up like a bone stock brand new Wired zone with whatever the defaults are. Literally the group type would change from saying Wireless Expander to Wired Expander - and the handy button for "Wireless Setup" would disappear.

Once I manually added the same sensor that I enrolled at the keypad, I was then able to do a receive all with no conflicts - then I just set the rest up manually from RP since I had kept track of all the ID codes.

Hi all,

To overcame this issue do the following..

Program the devices in manually..

Create the wireless expanders in the RP software..

Make sure that you have at least one wireless zone TX ID in the wireless setup box..

Then connect with RP.. Bring the conflicts into the RP software..

That should fix your problem..

Regards,

DJB

Thanks DJB. As mentioned above, I did work around the issue with a similar method... but the fact that it requires a workaround indicates it's a bug that Elk should be aware of and can hopefully address. Thanks for adding another confirmation!

now that I remembered I did have the same issue when I first tried to enroll my devices but then I knew nothing about the RP or elk so I went all manual enrolling then I used the RP to upload the data. there is a bug for sure

If you create a wireless group in ELKRP and do not add any wireless zones to it, ELKRP will convert the wireless group to a hardwire group. Always add at least one wireless zone to a wireless group to maintain the wireless group in ELKRP.

If you have wireless transmitters manually enrolled in the M1 you can create a wireless group in ELKRP and upload the wireless transmitters into ELKRP.

I have discussed doing away with the wireless to hardwire switch over with the ELKRP guru.

Back