Wiring question

theAberdeenKid

Does anyone know off hand if I will experience interference with some of my sensors\keypad if I run a low voltage line for a door bell that needs to be bundled with the security device wire?
Since the walls are closed in my house and I want to install a doorbell I have about a 10 foot section of doorbell wire that has to run parallel, bundled with some security wires that go to some window/door sensors and a keypad.
The doorbell wire is from the transformer to the chime mechanism, the security wire is for a keypad, door, and windows.

If it's low voltage stuff, it should be fine, the only time you usually have to worry about interference is with speakering wiring and data networks. I have done this myself without any problems, but that doesn't mean it's the right way :wacko:

I agree I didn't think it to a problem since I'm using low voltage wiring but I wanted to be sure before I did the work.

I have done this myself without any problems, but that doesn't mean it's the right way

I know it may not be the right way but it's the way it has to be done without incurring a large expense.

Back