X10 leaving market?

Wondering if anyone else has heard about this or if it's even true?

I got a message from one of my vendors regarding PCS and other powerline units and a basic message regarding X10 leaving the market. Not sure if this is true or BS. I can't find anything anywhere.

I know what can be said regarding X10 and compare it to other, albeit newer hardware. As an integrator and especially in difficult retrofit situations, it's not always easy to run wire, so I've used their chime units for cartells and keypad extensions, however I have run into some legacy "automation" installs where there were plenty of devices out there that could be integrated with, and the fact of the matter is, for a cheap on/off toggle, they work ok. Far eaaier to link the electrical phases and make the PLC more reliable in an old existing install than reselling the whole system a person has had running for 20+ years.

I know X10 isn't great, 100% solid, or without faults, but until I have a cheap chime unit or cheap on/off units, I can't get a lot of HO's biting at going the full integrated route.

X10 has not made any official comments on the stories.
I do know that some of the EBay X10 dealers that use to have good prices and bulk lot prices. Have now raised their prices significantly and gone to single unit sales. One did tell a user. X10 has severely limited their order quantities and upped the prices.

Also it seems they are now pushing stuff like Altec Stage-Gig speakers and Westinghouse Intercoms. Along with their new star. Their $199 AirPad Tablet.

I do volunteer work in their forums and thing have been changing away from their products.

It seem strange that there is no news story anywhere I have seen. On this. Just rumors on some sites.

Back