XBOX 360 Games

Jim Doolittle

After much research, I think I will get an XBOX 360 which will provide my family with a MCE Extender for audio, video, and HA (might develop my own MCE addin) as well as a gaming console for the kids who so far have been limited to a garage sale Nintendo and their own GameBoy Advances.

Since this is the "Wiring Closet" where I can ask more general items than the typical Cocoon stuff, I thought I would ask about possible games to buy for my girls ages 8, 13, and 17. If I do a search, I tend to get great reviews on more guy oriented titles. I am not talking about getting a Disney XBOX title (well... maybe for the 8 year old) but something that might fit a girl's taste.

Hi Jim,

Viva Pinata should do the trick.

Incredible system BTW. My wife bought me one as an early Christmas gift and I can’t stop playing Gears of War. ;)

That does look like a good one. Cartoon show seemed little weird but most are these days ;). I saw the cartoon show with kids one day and the pinatas were sick. Every time they sneezed, out came candy :).

Jim Doolittle said:
That does look like a good one. Cartoon show seemed little weird but most are these days ;). I saw the cartoon show with kids one day and the pinatas were sick. Every time they sneezed, out came candy :).
LOL... I hear you on that one. What happened to Bugs Bunny and Marvin The Martian! I guess I'm just getting old.

Here is a review of Viva:

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2006/12/07/vi...y-coated-crack/

Note the title: Candy Coated Crack. My wife keeps asking me to pick it up but I'm worried that I'll never get the 360 back. :D

AccessX10,

Thanks for the link! Besides game reviews, I noticed that I can get XBOX 360 at Walmart and get $50 gift certificate. Good until tomorrow. I was going to make this a family Christmas gift but I think I will use it now and make the games individual gifts for specific kids.

Should I worry about short warranty. There are a lot of opinions about reliability and the more I read the more I am undecided. ;)

Jim,

I’m not a big fan of extended warranties. MS will cover any issues with the unit that isn’t caused by user error. Out of all the hardware I’ve owned, I’ve never needed an extended warranty. Most stores use this as a way to make commission.

If you have a MicroCenter near by, they are offering a $100 rebate on the 360 while supplies last (in store only).

Enjoy!

MicroCenter is about 1 hour away and involves going into downtown Chicago. Parking could end up costing $20. Walmart is 15 minutes and I am going to hardware store nearby already . If Walmart is already providing a game and $50 (as someone suggested at the link you provided), that would be a push. I doubt it though.

I will go and decide whether $50 is worth a trip to Chicago...

I agree wholeheartedly on extended warranties. Only bought one 20 years ago when I got my first VCR ... BetaMax! and it included 4 head cleanings!

Waiting for my wife to return with the car to go pick one up. I have some XBOX 360 questions that I will ask in a separate topic and try to leave this for game title discussion.

Back