Yale lock battery life

swaggy

I have the Yale zwave lock with touch screen and I am now on my third set of AA batteries in two months since installing it. The first time I replaced batteries was about a month after install but since they were the original batteries that shipped with the lock, I thought maybe they were bad. But now that I've had to replace the batteries again a month later, I am suspecting a trend here.

We use the door all the time but not electronically. I do have it integrated into my OmniPro with two VRC0P controllers but the only automation at this point is to lock it at night via RF.

I know someone that installed the same lock about a week after I did mine and he still has 98% battery life on the original batteries. His setup is using the Vera2 controller.

Is it possible there's something wrong with my setup that can be tweaked? What are others seeing for battery life with this particular lock? I know there's at least one cocooner (PaulB) that has a similar setup to mine.

Thanks

I use HomeSeer and my lock batteries have lasted 5 months so far and it is polled several times a day.

Thanks Rupp.

Which primary controller did you use to include the lock into your zwave network? Were there any special power save parameters to enable for the lock? I used Leviton's VRUSB and although I don't remember if there was anything special for power save mode, I will look again. I did set reverse associations from the lock to both of my VRC0Ps, not sure if that's contributing to the problem.

Back