your events/processes and central station

v1rtu0s1ty

Ok folks, can you please share how your system is configured when calling CS? I mean, what are the processes that happens when your controller system contacts a CS? Did you configure to call police immediately?

Please let me know. This way, I will have an idea on what to tell NextAlarm.

Thanks,

Neil

hey folks, this is a follow up, I would like to seek your recommendation :)
Assuming a sensor changes its state, how do you want to be informed or how did you setup your nextalarm? Did you setup your system so that when nextalarm is informed, send police immediately? When I was in the zone configuration page in nextalarm, I can only select one Response. I remember about 4 months ago, someone told me here that what they did if there was a change in state was like this

call homeowner to verify
if real burglary then send police

How do I do that in NextAlarm?

I am interested in this too.

BTW V. I like the way you are asking everything on your mind. These are the best threads I have read on the ELK, extremely informative.

wuench said:
I am interested in this too.

BTW V. I like the way you are asking everything on your mind. These are the best threads I have read on the ELK, extremely informative.
Yep, most especially, I have never owned a security system in my entire life. I was hoping that some folks here who had security at home for a long time can share how they actually want their CS to respond. This way, I can follow the usual/norm. :)

The general rule on the West Coast is to dispatch police, medical, or fire personnel first. Then, call the homeowner at home to verify or abort. If no response at home then call the alternate numbers to verify or abort. Some alarms such at panics will not be aborted by the police and they will dispatch no matter what. Can you say $165 false alarm charge?

Back