Z-wave simply not working on Omni IIe with 3.10a firmware

elmerbug1

All,
I have supported wall switches and a supported ZIM. If I use the Z-Wave stick, I have no trouble controlling devices. I have many hours invested, but cannot get the Omni IIe to control them. A number of those hours are with HAI support. Can you suggest what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

I have always had the issue of having to unplug the serial connection of the Leviton Z-Wave ZIM before programming it with the Leviton RF remote.

I then plug it in and set my units to same Z-Wave number, save and upload via PCA and then test the devices. Works every time.

If I leave it plugged it it doesn't appear to transfer the data from the RF to the ZIM (although it looks like its doing it).

Maybe though that is my Z-Wave "Stuff" as its old these days. Its whatever was recommended by HAI to purchase a couple of years ago.

I am using the Omni Pro II with most current software.

Just noticed firmware updates for my older Z-Wave stuff here:

http://www.leviton.c...&minisite=10251

The PIM looks easy but for the RF control firmware update looks like I will need the Leviton USB stick.

I only have lighting and appliance switches hooked up the HAI OPII panel right now.

This is coming from my zwave setup experience 3 years ago so it might be outdated, but after all the devices are learned in you need to do the hai setup on the zwave remote. Then update the controllers, ensuring the zim is learned in as a controller.

Back