Best Vizia RF+ switches to mix with HAI UPB and OMNI IIE?

drvbysound good catch on newest Leviton Z-Wave products . The new Vizia (maybe they are no longer Vizia branded) Z-Wave switches have different model number (DZ vs. VR) possibly different Z-Wave chip, different switch action (Rocker vs. Paddle), same 5 year warranty, but DZ prices decreased by $20. I wonder if this is because of the Lutron patent expiration.

The DZ line has one feature I haven’t seem in the VR line, “features transient surge suppression built-in.”
Leviton claims DZ supports two-ways notification for ST.

I hope Leviton continues making the VR line. I still have a few non-automated switches. I like the Paddle action. The newest VR models do have green packaging and indicate Z-Wave+ support.

d.dennerline said:
drvbysound good catch on newest Leviton Z-Wave products . The new Vizia (maybe they are no longer Vizia branded) Z-Wave switches have different model number (DZ vs. VR) possibly different Z-Wave chip, different switch action (Rocker vs. Paddle), same 5 year warranty, but DZ prices decreased by $20. I wonder if this is because of the Lutron patent expiration.

The DZ line has one feature I haven’t seem in the VR line, “features transient surge suppression built-in.”
Leviton claims DZ supports two-ways notification for ST.

I hope Leviton continues making the VR line. I still have a few non-automated switches. I like the Paddle action. The newest VR models do have green packaging and indicate Z-Wave+ support.
I assume it's a different Zwave chip since I saw mention of extended range; "30% better wireless range". 

From what I can tell, they are discontinuing the VR line; I believe the product pages are still there, but I couldn't find a way to navigate to them via their updated Product Menus. If you want to stay consistent with switches, I'd suggest getting some sooner than later. 

I forget what models off hand, but I've got a few posted FS in the Classifieds section myself. 

Back