Windows 10 + Connecting to Elk M1XEP through RP2

dw886

So on my Windows 10 machine, I can't get Elk RP2 to connect to my M1XEP on my LAN with nothing other than a switch between my PC and the M1XEP. 

I see TLS errors each time that I try to connect.  My M1XEP has the older firmware that still has the Java-based website, and while it'll start running the Java Applet, it throws an error that it too fails to connect.  I shut down my firewall just to rule that out.  I'm wondering how far I should dig into this, and if anyone else has tried this...?

If you have a Windows 10 machine, are you able to connect to the M1XEP using the latest build of Elk RP2?

Thanks!

I took a trace on my Win7 system and it looks like the Elk is selecting TLS_RSA_AES_256_CBC_SHA.   TLS1.0 with CBC has been deprecated due to the BEAST vulnerability so it is likely that Win10 does not allow that ciphersuite combination on TLS 1.0.   It may even be that Win10 isn't using TLS1.0.   TLS1.0 is on it's way out due to a number of vulnerabilities.   To know for sure I would need to see the list of ciphers being proposed by Win10 in the Client Hello packet of a sniffer trace.

In the end the right answer is probably to upgrade your ElkRP+XEP firmware to the latest.  But you may be able to enable any disabled protocols like TLS 1.0 or ciphersuites in Win10 via a registry hack.

I'm having the same problem, I can't connect to my M1XEP using RP2 on Windows 10. I'm using the latest version of RP2, 2.0.24. I can't check the M1XEP firmware version right now but I remember applying the update that permits the use of email services that require SSL.
I run RP2 on my iMac using Parallels Desktop. My plan is to reinstall Windows 7 as another virtual machine. I like Windows 10 so I plan to use it as my primary Windows platform.
Does anyone know if Elk is aware of the problem? Any plans for a fix? I hesitate to contact Elk myself bcause as a homeowner I do not qualify for technical support.

Relating to a Firefox update from a bit ago; it blocked a few sites.  That said I went to disabling a couple of things in the Firefox about:config section and then re-enabling after I would leave the site.  It is a bit of a PITA to do this.  

As Wuench mentions above you can do a regedit thing for the new MS browser or maybe just install Firefox.

Here have been notifying the site / webmasters when I have seen this. 

There is now too a Firefox addon called "Disable DHE" you can use. 

It disables Diffie-Hellman cipher suites that are vulnerable to logjam attack.
The logjam attack allows an attacker to impersonate servers that support weak keys.

OFF

security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha=false
security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_256_sha=false

ON

security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha=true
security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_256_sha=true

Back