HAI Omni Pro II and a weird Z-wave problem

simplicit

HI All,

I have a very very strange problem which I can not figure out, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.

At any random time, all (if not most) of my Z-Wave switches and plugs will either turn on or sometime all off without notice.  This all started shortly after I replaced a defective HAI 64-Zone Wireless Receiver and upgraded the system by adding a HAI Omni Notifier Card. I have tried removing them from the system but the problem is still there.

Some facts:
- I still have normal control the Z-wave lights and plugs (via the SnapLink).
- The problem is not there when I disconnect the Vizia RF unit from the main board ( by unplug the serial cable) which leads me to say it could be the main board.
- I have removed all the programming from the automation on the Omni Pro II
- I have reset and re-programmed the Vizia RF+
- I have tried removing the new devices, problem is still there.
- I have not yet programed the HAI Omni Notifier card because of this issue.

The system

• HAI Omni Pro II (firmware 3.15)

• HAI Omni 16 Zones Hard-wire Expander

• HAI HIFI2 (Serial Port # 4)

• Leviton Vizia RF+ Plug in  (Serial Port #3)

• HAI OmniTouch 5.7

• HAI Omni Consoles (qty 3)

• HAI 64-Zone Wireless Receiver (Configured as 2 expanders, 32 zones)

• HAI Omni Notifier Card (Serial Port # 5) (Only new addition)

Any ideas where to look or try next? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

This can happen if you have a group/scene/zone that is not configured correctly. The controller sends out group command for unconfigured zone. The controller cannot find the groupID, so it sends the command to default ‘0’ zone which impacts all lights. I don’t know how OP2 implementation works.  This behavior can be replicated on Elk implementation when you add a zone in the >128 range to ElkRP, but you don't make sure the VRC0P+3 has an matching groupID.

I wouldn’t rebuild/reset the Vizia+ network because it’s very unlikely the Z-Wave controller is causing the random behavior. Some rule or other stimulus is causing a group command to be transmitted. Since the network was working correctly before, there is some configuration issue that was recently introduced.

An update:

I think you are right, d.dennerline, ...good call!

I went and removed the HAI 64 wireless from the system and the problem has now disappeared.

So we now know what is causing the problem, but don't know the solution. ... I know it probably has to do with the config/settings but what?

Any suggestions? 

Back