What automation software are you using?

gasbie

Okay, I have read about various automation various software out there: from ELVE to HOMESEER to CQC and many others but none seems to fit my need. I have ELK M1 Gold system and total control MRX 10 system that i would like to incorporate together via an automation system. Homeseer seems to support ELK but not Nuvo nor URC. What automation software are you using? and were you able to incorporate various system into one? Thanks

ISY994i has a drop-in Elk module that many are real happy with.

I only use mine with Insteon, X10, Hue, Milights, Venstar stats, Amazon Echo, and remote control mobile apps, but it supports many more devices and protocols.

I use HomeSeer integrated with the following: z-wave (lighting, thermostats, locks, power monitoring, water leak detection, appliance control, etc., x-10 (mainly wireless with some PLC), DSC, APC UPSs, BetaBrite signs, IFTTT, mysensors.org, iPhone location/geofencing, Pushover, Oregon Scientific weather station, Squeezebox Audio system, 1-Wire, Global Cache IR control, WDTV Live media players, Kodi with Hyperion LEDs, Pioneer Receivers, LG TVs, IP Cameras and also use it to scrape web info for notification, etc.  

There's no specific plugin for Nuvo for HS3, but there's a generic serial/ip plugin that some are using to control Nuvo systems.  l believe URC can be integrated that way too.  

Cheers
Al

Here started to use Homeseer in the late 1990's and today use it with my Leviton Omni Pro 2(s). 

Thinking that HAI and URC formed a partnership around 2011.

I use Indigo. I have a license for HS3 that I bought to run on the Mac that runs Indigo but I'm not doing anything with it since it doesn't work well on Mac/Mono and HS seems unwilling to fix anything. Not even sure if they have a Mac to test with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems there are more homeseer users than other home automation. So sparkman1, what appliances you using homeseer to control?
Sparkman1 said:
I use HomeSeer integrated with the following: z-wave (lighting, thermostats, locks, power monitoring, water leak detection, appliance control, etc., x-10 (mainly wireless with some PLC), DSC, APC UPSs, BetaBrite signs, IFTTT, mysensors.org, iPhone location/geofencing, Pushover, Oregon Scientific weather station, Squeezebox Audio system, 1-Wire, Global Cache IR control, WDTV Live media players, Kodi with Hyperion LEDs, Pioneer Receivers, LG TVs, IP Cameras and also use it to scrape web info for notification, etc.  

There's no specific plugin for Nuvo for HS3, but there's a generic serial/ip plugin that some are using to control Nuvo systems.  l believe URC can be integrated that way too.  

Cheers
Al

gasbie said:
So sparkman1, what appliances you using homeseer to control?

I mainly use this to turn power off to a number of them and the AV equipment when we are on vacation, turn the power off to the washer and dryer if there is a leak detected in the laundry room, turn the kettle off if it's been running too long (typically when someone doesn't close the lid properly), and turning on the tool chargers for only a few hours at night.  I also monitor the power usage on the fridges to make sure they are operating properly (doors not open for more than 5 minutes, proper defrost cycles, proper cooling cycles, etc.).

Cheers
Al

what module do you use to monitor your refrigerator door?
Sparkman1 said:
I mainly use this to turn power off to a number of them and the AV equipment when we are on vacation, turn the power off to the washer and dryer if there is a leak detected in the laundry room, turn the kettle off if it's been running too long (typically when someone doesn't close the lid properly), and turning on the tool chargers for only a few hours at night.  I also monitor the power usage on the fridges to make sure they are operating properly (doors not open for more than 5 minutes, proper defrost cycles, proper cooling cycles, etc.).

Cheers
Al

gasbie said:
what module do you use to monitor your refrigerator door?
I monitor the power usage, not the door directly.  Based on the wattage, HS knows if the door is open  (ie the light is on).  If the door is open only a crack so that the light is not on, the cooling cycle changes and it can tell that way.  I use an Aeotec Energy Monitor at the electric panel to measure this.

Cheers
Al

What package others use isn't nearly as important as what package those who use the same devices you own (or will own) use. Find the package(s) with native or indirect support of what you have, see if anyone else is controlling those same things, and you'll be much further along than you would be doing something for the first time.

I wouldn't put a receptacle that expensive outside.

When the water leaks into it, and ruins it, it becomes costly. I don't use Z-Wave (too expensive) but with Insteon, I would use an inline module inside the house, or an outdoor plug-in module, designed to handle the weather.

Yes, you need a GFCI for outdoor receptacles. You could put it downstream from another GFCI receptacle for the economy of it. (the usual wiring method)

Here have indoor UPB switches outside on the Deck next to GFCI breakers in weather proof boxes with snap down covers.  It has been years now and they are working fine today.

Back