any news on webcontrol32?

UM216 has its own user manual, please see attached.
When you have USB mini connector plug into beta board, the pin 2 is red wire, pin 4 is white wire, pin 6 is green wire, and pin 8 is ground.

The production board has USB connector as white socket, which has same pin orientation as mini-USB connector.  We are still trying to make an option IO board, which can be placed on top the WC32 board and having a mini-USB socket on it.

Attachments

• UM216V1.pdf
    184 KB · Views: 35
There is a LCD testing PLC code in the beta board's PLC program already. Once you wired them correctly, you can test the LCD/keypad response through the WC32 board.  In case you lost that PLC program, you can get it from this attchment

Attachments

• KeyTest.txt
    760 bytes · Views: 17
When connect to UM216 module, the USB cable wires are connected as following:
1    2
3    4
5    6
7    8
UM216 pin out above, 2-->red, 4-->white, 6-->green, 8-->black

Somehow I was not allowed to post URL to this forum.
So I try to attach the driver file, but I was not allowed to attach driver file either.
Please email us directly for the Win7 64 bit driver.  Thanks for letting us know.

Sorry for my confusion but is the wc32 generally available? Are all the things I read about here concerning the wc32 beta testing?
Thanks

CAI_Support said:
On the WebControl32, there are already 16 TTL output, how many TTL output do you want in total?
Because there is no USB hub support from our chip vendor at current stage, the USB can only be used for one of the two purpose at one time:
display two line strings and read input keypad through UM216 module;
or
using a USB key to log state change in a USB flash key.

When Microchip released USB hub support, we will add that in, then we can make both work at the same time, or add more device support over USB.  Currently, no USB for output control.  For the cost of that USB relay board, you could have another WebControl8 board and a 8 relay Saintsmart relay board, control the output state through WEBSET on the 2nd WebControl board.
I guess that new UI opens lucrative business with door access control and vending machines and double usage of USB will boost stand alone data logging.

WC32 can be purchased directly by contacting us at [email protected]
Beta boards sold out sometimes ago. Current board is production board.  We are working on an I/O board to piggy back on top the WC32, as an option for users to have optical isolated TTL input and op-amplified analog input.  We thought to make it available through resellers.

Are there examples of using PWM addressing servos? I read about  40-200 Hz ("RC PWM" used in RC servo)
CAI_Support said:
WebControl32 has 16 TTL input, 16 TTL output, 8 analog inputs, four channels of PWM output

In wc32 PLC, you can do this

PWM PWM1 50

that will take PWM1 configured frequency and change the duty cycle to 50%
You can setup two different frequencies in I/O Setup screen.

CAI_Support said:
In wc32 PLC, you can do this

PWM PWM1 50

that will take PWM1 configured frequency and change the duty cycle to 50%
You can setup two different frequencies in I/O Setup screen.

SET PWM1 50 would be the correct command.
Heureka it works great using 100 Hz for a 4 wire fan...

PS: for selectively finding the PWM pin out of the 40 some kind of colour division would be great...

You are correct.  Even we have PWM operator as operator, but that does not actually do anything, because
SET PWM1, PWM2, PWM3, and PWM4 will set four PWM output duty cycle.

We have made a update version for WC32 firmware, 04.02.06. anyone wants to test it please send us email to request download this new firmware.
This firmware now support POWERED usb hub.  I capitalize powered, to make sure the USB hub is powered, or it will not work.  With POWERED USB hub, now users can have both UM216 LCD and USB flash key logger work at the same time.

In addition, we enabled counter feature in this version firmware with one warning.  Since counter feature on WC32 is driven by interrupt, this feature may cause problem for high frequency pulses input into the counter input TTL pin, too many interrupt can jam the CPU doing nothing but handle interrupt only.  We may update this feature later by allowing user to turn off the counter feature on not used counter TTL inputs.

This version also improved WEBSET command to be more stable.

As usual, any suggestion and bug report is welcome.

Back