any news on webcontrol32?

CAI_Support said:
We have made a update version for WC32 firmware, 04.02.06. anyone wants to test it please send us email to request download this new firmware.
This firmware now support POWERED usb hub.  I capitalize powered, to make sure the USB hub is powered, or it will not work.  With POWERED USB hub, now users can have both UM216 LCD and USB flash key logger work at the same time.

In addition, we enabled counter feature in this version firmware with one warning.  Since counter feature on WC32 is driven by interrupt, this feature may cause problem for high frequency pulses input into the counter input TTL pin, too many interrupt can jam the CPU doing nothing but handle interrupt only.  We may update this feature later by allowing user to turn off the counter feature on not used counter TTL inputs.

This version also improved WEBSET command to be more stable.

As usual, any suggestion and bug report is welcome.
Does this update include the rebooting command and line commenting possibility?

No, it does not have reboot command. WC32 has dedicate 1-wire bus controller from Maxim IC.  It does include PLC comment auto removal.

We just made 4.02.07. Thanks to LarsK pointed out a negative temperature reading problem.
In 4.02.07 firmware, we also allow both "#" and ";" being used as comment delimiters.

CAI_Support said:
We just made 4.02.07. Thanks to LarsK pointed out a negative temperature reading problem.
In 4.02.07 firmware, we also allow both "#" and ";" being used as comment delimiters.

I'm not sure how to use comments in plc.

#    ;

?

START 
            tsteq ip1 1
            set op1 1
            # this is a comment
END

2.1 The Basics of PLC Programming 
WebControl PLC program is NOT hard! We have included many examples toward 
the end of this chapter. A PLC program is made up of main routine and optional 
subroutines. “#” and “;” sign mark the beginning of comment, it will be removed 
automatically during sending to the WC32 board. 
The main routine is enclosed between mandatory START and END instructions e.g. 
START 
#main instructions go here 
END 

There is no exemple in the user guide but that :

TSTEQ IP1 1 # sets zero bit based on the result of the test instruction 
 BNZ label # branches to label if zero bit is non-zero 

and it didn't work

BTCAD,

Which version firmware do you use?
In the past, we made change in couple versions to not SET zero bit for all instructions based on some users requests.  Later on, we decided we need to set zero bit always.  If your board having those firmware version that not setting zero bit, it may not work. 

Please let us know the version number, so that we can further assist you.

Thanks.

START
TSTEQ IP1 1 #set zero bit
BNZ SETVAR1 ; check zero bit
SET VAR1 1234
GOTO WAITHERE
SETVAR1:
SET VAR1 5678
WAITHERE:
DELAY 10000
END

We checked with above little PLC code for 4.02.07 firmware. It does not have any problem.  In addition, two kinds of comments: # and ; are allowed.
BTCAD, would you please provide us detailed PLC code segment for us to test your code?

Ok with new gui and api it works.

but you said by email :

There is no change in GUI file.

Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2014 5:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [work] RE: wc2 custom gui

Is it the same (webpage) files for this new version? I mean, if I want to build my personal GUI, can i use the older files you  sent to me or I have to use new files for this new FW version?

Is it  possible for you to send us the new gui files by email?   Thx a lot !!!!!!

Yeah it works! I only upload the api files to the board.   Now I can use both # ; to comment lines!!!! It will be very usefull !!!!!!!

When we changed firmware, API also must change.  GUI file may or may not change, depending on how much each version changed.
Since WC32 allowing custom web GUI pages, if GUI files changed, then you will need to adopt the change and rebuild your GUI file. If GUI file did not change, you can use your previous custom GUI file.

It is good to hear this version working for you well.

Back