Anyone interested in all in one counter top touchscreen units?

Hi, Dumetre.

Thanks for offering these. What zip code will you ship from? Then we can check on the best shipping costs.

Thanks,

Kevin

Do you think these things would handle flash-type stuff from websites snappy enough? Replaying of saved video files? Just wondering how these things compare to the Fujitsu 3400 and HP 5700 things I've ALREADY bought that didn't provide enough Umph.

Beelzerob do you have an example of a site for me to try out? I dont think they would have a problem but I would want to test it out before telling you either way.

My zipcode is 48917.

This device has an interesting form-factor but the 'red flag' for me is that this thing is outfitted with "Windows 98" and an "800 MHz CPU". Does the CPU's vintage match the operating system? Are we talking about a turn-of-the-century CPU like a Pentium III?

They are all actually running windows XP right now. It runs pretty good. It definitely isnt a new i7 setup but what do you expect in an all in one system like this? Most interface software will run great on them which is what they are designed for. Take a look at the cost to buy something similar new:

http://www.buy.com/prod/tatung-all-in-one-.../212565514.html

Same size screen, 1.5ghz vs 800 and 1gb ram vs 512mb....$1133 vs $75. Really they are probably worth more than 75 but I am getting a good deal on them and dont mind passing the saving along to the community.

Beelzerob do you have an example of a site for me to try out? I dont think they would have a problem but I would want to test it out before telling you either way.

Well, any place with an animated weather radar map like weather.com, or more pertinently, www.nickjr.com, and the bevy of kids games and videos there. Don't test that site out with your kids watching, or they'll bump you off the thing... :)

I'm looking at this more as a kids computer than another touchscreen interface, as I really don't have many desktops/countertops that would need it.

Thanks for testing that.

My zipcode is 48917.

Well, at least you are centrally located. ;-) Probably more like 24/34 for the east coast for one/two units in one box.

The CPU is a celeron 800.

I have one that I am going to try to load xp on tonight and if I have time I will try it out on nick jr.

I am ordering boxes right now and have a few units ready to go. In the next day or 2 I will add a post in the classifieds section and let you guys know they are up.

What about running this HTML file (it is a custom animated radar screen I use). I guess you would need to compare it to a modern wired computer to see what the speed difference is.

Attachments

• 1024x768_Regional_Radar.html
    2.1 KB · Views: 198
What about running this HTML file (it is a custom animated radar screen I use). I guess you would need to compare it to a modern wired computer to see what the speed difference is.
I loaded this on my touchscreen. This is way cool.... thanks for sharing.

Best shipping rate is going to be Fedex ground/home delivery with an account discount such as the signup through z-firm. 22 pounds from your zip to LA on my account shows at $19.14. 44 pounds is $32.50. 66 pounds is $41.27 (home delivery). Ground is a few dollars less. Anyone with an account can just send you a label to print which should save you some trouble.

Back