Anyone used these wireless sensors with an Elk-M1G?

If the transmitter follows the standard door/window Type A protocol for GE, it should work with the Elk M1XRF2G receiver. Same for the new Elk M1XRF2H Honeywell receiver when it is released.

I have not tested these specific transmitters.

If the transmitter follows the standard door/window Type A protocol for GE, it should work with the Elk M1XRF2G receiver. Same for the new Elk M1XRF2H Honeywell receiver when it is released.

I have not tested these specific transmitters.

Since Honeywell owns Ademco, I'm assuming it will cover both types of wireless sensors?

Did anyone even order one to test? If not, I'll do it.
I was going to order some of these *IF* my test run at running wire on easily accessible windows fails miserably. However, if it ends up being easier than I thought, then I'll probably just stick with hard-wired sensors since that will be a considerable savings. I'll know by the end of the weekend which route I'll be taking, so don't order them Signal if you don't need to.

I was going to order some of these *IF* my test run at running wire on easily accessible windows fails miserably. However, if it ends up being easier than I thought, then I'll probably just stick with hard-wired sensors since that will be a considerable savings. I'll know by the end of the weekend which route I'll be taking, so don't order them Signal if you don't need to.

Any Updates?

Any Updates?
Looks like I'm going hardwired (at least in the short term), but may do these on upstairs windows when/if that's necessary. I was able to drill where I needed to for the first floor windows so these became unnecessary in the end.

Any Updates?
Looks like I'm going hardwired (at least in the short term), but may do these on upstairs windows when/if that's necessary. I was able to drill where I needed to for the first floor windows so these became unnecessary in the end.

Signal15,

Are you goiing to try one of these soon. I close on my house Nov 5 and will start my Elk install then. I am out of town this week so will not be able to order and test yet. I have the Elk wired up on a bench testing it out. so will try and order one for testing but not till after Nov 5th.

Steve

Any Updates?

Signal15,

Are you goiing to try one of these soon. I close on my house Nov 5 and will start my Elk install then. I am out of town this week so will not be able to order and test yet. I have the Elk wired up on a bench testing it out. so will try and order one for testing but not till after Nov 5th.

Steve

Yes. I'll try and get in touch with the guy selling them tomorrow or wed. Someone contacted him last week, if someone can dig up his email addy and PM it to me, I'm more likely to get this done sooner. I'm unbelievably busy with work right now.

I have a Micra-G and a Plunger-G on the way. No idea when they will arrive, but I'll keep everyone posted. I'll probably start a new thread.

I really hope these things work with the M1 and work well. I have a TON of applications for them.

I have purchased one of the Plunger-D and one Micra-D (DSC Compatable) sensors from russell Vandervander and have had them working on the bench for the past month. They have worked great for me. I have one at the far end of my shop (70 Ft.) and the signal was great. I plan on using some of the units in my next install at my Sister-In-Laws home in Fla. We will see how they hold up in coastal environment. I have the unit programmed into one of my bench DSC Power 616 systems and I will be using an Envoy 9005 at the Fla location.
Billy C.
York, SC

I have purchased one of the Plunger-D and one Micra-D (DSC Compatable) sensors from russell Vandervander and have had them working on the bench for the past month. They have worked great for me. I have one at the far end of my shop (70 Ft.) and the signal was great. I plan on using some of the units in my next install at my Sister-In-Laws home in Fla. We will see how they hold up in coastal environment. I have the unit programmed into one of my bench DSC Power 616 systems and I will be using an Envoy 9005 at the Fla location.
Billy C.
York, SC

Hopefully they will work as well with the ELK M1.

Billy C.
York, SC

I didn't see it in the thread - what are the costs of these items?

Billy C.
York, SC

I didn't see it in the thread - what are the costs of these items?

$26 each.

Back