Anyone used these wireless sensors with an Elk-M1G?

Does anyone know if these devices will signal when their battery is low?
Thanks

I find that this kind of hardware usually loses effectiveness long before the battery goes completely dead.

Now if only I could find some wireless pet immune motion sensors... Anyone have any recommendations? I seem to remember a thread popping up on here on pet immune motion sensors, but I can't remember if they were wireless, plus I can't find that thread anymore.
Thanks.

edited for spelling hahaha

You mentioned this micra is compatible with ELK panel/wireless receiver but I don't believe Elk has an updated firmware for the main security panel and the wireless receiver so it would work with Micra. I believe Elk is working on this firmware or at least that is what they indicated in some of the email traffic.
Tuantu - why do you think Elk needs updated firmware to support these? The sensors apparently use the same frequency that the GE sensors use and the folks at Ion-digital said, and I quote from the direct question I asked them:

Our Micra-G and Plunger-G are compatible with all current GE receivers or where 319.5 MHz sensors are used. They should work just fine with the M1XFR2G zone expander.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm about to place an order and don't want to end up with useless stuff if there's something key I'm missing about the Elk.

With the micra. BEWARE OF LIMITED RANGE. I have had many go-backs from our techs not being mindful of the antenna and also placing these devices too far from the receiver (loss of supervision (check)). We don't use them any more. They do look slick though.

You mentioned this micra is compatible with ELK panel/wireless receiver but I don't believe Elk has an updated firmware for the main security panel and the wireless receiver so it would work with Micra. I believe Elk is working on this firmware or at least that is what they indicated in some of the email traffic.
Tuantu - why do you think Elk needs updated firmware to support these? The sensors apparently use the same frequency that the GE sensors use and the folks at Ion-digital said, and I quote from the direct question I asked them:

Our Micra-G and Plunger-G are compatible with all current GE receivers or where 319.5 MHz sensors are used. They should work just fine with the M1XFR2G zone expander.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm about to place an order and don't want to end up with useless stuff if there's something key I'm missing about the Elk.

With the micra. BEWARE OF LIMITED RANGE. I have had many go-backs from our techs not being mindful of the antenna and also placing these devices too far from the receiver (loss of supervision (check)). We don't use them any more. They do look slick though.

Well they may look slick, but their unreliability makes them useless in a security setting. The one time you get broken into could be the time they don't perform. What kind of range were they 100% at? Thanks for the heads-up.
May I ask what you use instead now?

The ones I have always work. And running a test outside, I was able to make them work up to 600 feet from my house depending on location. When you install them, you just have to make sure the wire is straight and extended all the way. The new ones have a shorter flat antenna, but increased range over the previous ones. I haven't gotten one to test with yet.

Well they may look slick, but their unreliability makes them useless in a security setting. The one time you get broken into could be the time they don't perform. What kind of range were they 100% at? Thanks for the heads-up.
May I ask what you use instead now?

If wireless is a must and discretion is needed, I either use 5816 loop 1 with transmitter above the window. or perhaps a 5818 (I think that is the recessed) but I don't use that much. Some like the 5820s and the micras but I don't like battery life / range especially if WIFI is close proximity. I prefer the (ugly) 5816 or even the 5817 (two hard loops and configurable for NO or NC loops) Of course it is a matter of taste and some people do have luck with the micras. I have been a service tech for 11 years and installer for a few years longer and am just saying what I have found over the years. I have not had a chance to try the newer ones with the apparently enhanced antenna. Might try it if we get one in... There are many options including Innovonics and linear and some others.

Dan

OK, thanks, guys. I'll probably order a couple of the Micras anyway to test out. They're affordable enough.
Can someone please recommend wireless motion sensors that will work on the same wireless receiver? I'm looking for some high quality pet-immune sensors, preferably with adjustable sensitivity or with different models for different sized pets.

Back