Can Elk Keypad Fn Button monitor 2 zones?

soccerob

I have 3 garage doors (1 basement, 2 main), and I've run sensors to each of them. I have the elk M1KP which has 2 function buttons (f5 and f6) that are not hidden by the door on the keypad. I was hoping to have one button set up to blink if the basement garage is open and the other button blink if either of the 2 main garage doors are up. but it doesn't seem like it's possible to set up this type of scenario unless I were to combine the 2 sensors into a single zone.
is there anything that i may have overlooked that would allow me to monitor 2 zones with the keypad button?

Yeah it's totally doable - but you have to use a few rules to accomplish it.

First off, set it to follow an output... then use rules to turn that output on/off as doors open/close.

If any door opens, you can set the output to open... so just off the top of my head:

Rule 1:
Whenever door 1 becomes not-secure, turn output 100 on.

Rule 2:
Whenever door 2 becomes not-secure, turn output 100 on.

Rule 3:
Whenever door 1 becomes secure AND door 2 is secure, turn output 100 off.

Rule 4:
Whenever door 2 becomes secure AND door 1 is secure, turn output 100 off.

You can continue this by setting the button to activate task Close Garage Doors, which would in turn call two more functions - Close Door 1 and Close Door 2 - each of which would check to see if the door is closed - if not, it'll close it.

Rule 3&4 seem redundant. Is this required because of how elk processes the rules?

Nvm read it again. And the first part of the if is the trigger.

Awesome! Thanks Work2Play. That works perfectly. I was just hoping for a way to monitor the main floor garages with that light, but now I realize I can also control both garage doors from that single function button based on those rules of only closing it if it's open. I've only had my M1 for a few weeks but I'm loving it more each day.

Back