Does your Elk M1 have 1367 control restarts in the event log?

mikefamig

I would love to hear from anyone who has been getting a 1367 error in their Elk event log.

I have made several corrections to my system since it's installation and it runs very well but I recently had a "1367 - system start up        control" error.

I'm aware of a couple of causes for this ie any bus device that drops voltage can cause this or any time a bus device loses communication with the control can cause this. The system recovers from the event and continues normal operation so it is jut a hiccup and you wouldn't even know it happened unless you check your log or hear the keypad double-beep when it happens.

I am not looking for troubleshooting advise in this thread but more interested in how many installations out there are experiencing this log event, kind of an unofficial survey.

So my question - do you occasionally hear your keypad beep for no apparent reason and do you have 1367 errors in your log?

Mike.

My entire log goes back ~45 days and no restarts. Just hopped into a couple of accounts remotely and same for their entire log.

Sounds like you've got something going on

I've got a bunch M1's in the wild of varying vintages, from the first series before the M1G and a few EZ8's with firmware all over the place. Guaranteed I'd be getting some calls from these customers if their keypads randomly beeped.

Only thing I know of that is a known quirk is the keypad flashes about once every 90 seconds or so.

I have the same keypad flash... I believe I read somewhere here on the forum a WHILE back that it had to do with having KPs set to or below a certain dim level; the one I notice it on is in my MBR which is set to a low dim level. I haven't tried to set it to anything else to try and resolve the issue.

It exists no matter what the dim level is from memory. Believe Spanky said it's a batch of bad code in the panel they haven't resolved. Shame since outside of a few unresolved issues, the M1 is stable, just with quirks. You get the processing power at a price.

Also got a lot colder around here recently. Same for dampness and the ground really started getting harder.

How is your UG cable run?

4'? Seems very low, even HV is usually not put down that low. Is there water going out there? Only reason I'd think the trench would be that deep.

Time to restart your exercise and but it's pointing to the copper on the bus.

DELInstallations said:
4'? Seems very low, even HV is usually not put down that low. Is there water going out there? Only reason I'd think the trench would be that deep.

Time to restart your exercise and but it's pointing to the copper on the bus.

Yes there's water going out or there and also high AC voltage going out there

The high voltage AC is in one conduit and the data cable is in a different conduit

It is that deep because it was buried along with water pipes all at the same time

Are the conduits for the AC and LV cables plastic or metal?  Do you know how much separation there is between the two?  

If they are in plastic conduit and close to each other, it's possible that the data cable is picking up some AC noise.   Twisted pair is pretty good at cancelling out noise, but it isn't perfect.  With a 250' run, if they are in close proximity, that's a lot of opportunity for some noise to carry over.

RAL said:
Are the conduits for the AC and LV cables plastic or metal?  Do you know how much separation there is between the two?  

If they are in plastic conduit and close to each other, it's possible that the data cable is picking up some AC noise.   Twisted pair is pretty good at cancelling out noise, but it isn't perfect.  With a 250' run, if they are in close proximity, that's a lot of opportunity for some noise to carry over.

They are about a foot or more separated. They're lying in the bottom of a trench that was dug by a four foot wide bucket.

Mike.

A foot of separation is pretty good.  I'd be much more concerned if they were side by side.

RAL said:
A foot of separation is pretty good.  I'd be much more concerned if they were side by side.

I do have the 16awg wire that powers the garage in the conduit with the data cable.

An interesting thing - In ElkRP2 the log entry has the word "control" in the log entry and in eKeypad there is the word "keypad" in the log entry. I have already soldered the wires connecting the garage keypad and will solder the wires connected to the house keypad when I get a chance.

Mike

Back