Door chimes with ELK M1XEP

dougm36

I recently had an ELK M1XEP alarm installed by a local company.  I would like the panels to chime when door/windows are open and closed however they only knew how to program it for an opening chime.  Does anybody know if it is possible for it to chime on both open and close and if so what would be the code to do so.

Thanks

It has built-in functionality for the opening chime, but not for the closing for whatever reason.

I no longer have my elk (sold my house; live in a rental) but I did have code that tracked when doors were opened and closed.  I incremented a counter whenever a door was opened, and decremented it whenever the doors closed.  For my purposes this was to alert me if any doors were left open for more than 20 seconds (indoor-only animals and kids and contractors that would leave doors open).  You could use the same code to play a beep whenever a door closes.

Unfortunately I don't have the exact code... but with some experimentation it wouldn't be hard at all.  If you don't want to do it via counters, you can add lines of code for whenever each zone becomes secure again... but it could turn out to be a lot of lines depending on how many zones you have.

Back