Elk M1-Gold with ISY99-Insteon

Yeah, right now you can control the ISY via Elk rules, but you can't really right rules on the ISY based on the Elk's state. That is what the new module will give us.

As far as organizing rules, I don't think it is that bad. I put a comment with dashes on the first rule and organize my rules in sections, it wastes a couple of code lines but is the best way I have found But yeah, ISY has a more powerful rule engine.

Code:
--------------------------------
 Garage Door Rules
--------------------------------
WHENEVER Garage Door(TASK1) is Activated

Well then, I'm now awaiting that too :) I find it crazy that we can't organize our rules.. even a simple up/down arrow to re-order the rules would even be nice.

Well then, I'm now awaiting that too :) I find it crazy that we can't organize our rules.. even a simple up/down arrow to re-order the rules would even be nice.

You can drag and drop them to change the order. Not a bad idea about wasting a few rules to create breaks for labeling. But still, folders would be nice or at least be able to have the first line of a rule be a name. As it is, you have to pretty much read the whole rule to know what it does. This is very tedious when you have 150 rules, even when they are grouped.

But ISY has such better programming that I would rather do everything there. If you want to get fancy and you have the network module, you can have ISY send REST commands to Elk to turn outputs on, arm, and that sort of stuff. But there really isn't any good way to get Elk conditions into ISY. When the Elk module is released, I expect that we will be able to see and use all Elk values/conditions in our ISY programs and be able to affect Elk states/values directly from ISY programs (without using the network module).

You can drag and drop them to change the order. Not a bad idea about wasting a few rules to create breaks for labeling. But still, folders would be nice or at least be able to have the first line of a rule be a name. As it is, you have to pretty much read the whole rule to know what it does. This is very tedious when you have 150 rules, even when they are grouped.

But ISY has such better programming that I would rather do everything there. If you want to get fancy and you have the network module, you can have ISY send REST commands to Elk to turn outputs on, arm, and that sort of stuff. But there really isn't any good way to get Elk conditions into ISY. When the Elk module is released, I expect that we will be able to see and use all Elk values/conditions in our ISY programs and be able to affect Elk states/values directly from ISY programs (without using the network module).

So this means My 50 dollar eKeypad m1 iphone app would be useless for controlling the isy/insteon :(

So this means My 50 dollar eKeypad m1 iphone app would be useless for controlling the isy/insteon :(

No, not at all. Ekeypad will control the Elk directly and the Elk will still control lights the same as currently. The only thing we are talking about here is programs.

If you want your Ekeypad to trigger a program, it may be that you have to do it in a roundabout fashion, but typically you don't manually trigger programs. We'll just see when the module comes out how it is configured. Worst case is that you use eKeypad to trigger an Elk rule that sets a counter value and that in turn triggers an ISY program. We'll just have to wait and see.

Back