Elk M1 Wireless Zones question

riaanl

Hi All
I have done a bit of searching, but can find nothing to help me.

I have an ELK M1, with the NX-448E-I Wireless receiver.
- Connected to this I have some NX450E-I, and as keyfobs the NX470-I

My problem is that as the receiver is a 48Zone unit, I programmed it in ELKRP as a 48 Zone system,
starting from Zone 49. - That works fine.

On the ELK keypad, it is also shown as being programmed correctly, ie, starting Zone=49, block of 48 Zones.

However, when I try and enroll anything on zone 65 and higher, it does not work. (On ElkRP)
- Enrolling it manually via the Keypad, I can only enroll up to Zone 64. Zone 65 and higher is not available.

The carton the NX-448 came in, says it is an NX-448 (48 Zone). Nothing on the PCB tells me what it is.

Am I missing something ?
Did the GE (UTC) agents I bought the NX-448 from, sell me a NX416, in a NX-448 box ?
- Could be possible, as the one Keyfob has a different Tx-ID that what the box says.

Any help with identifying serial numbers/part numbers etc, will be appreciated. Also if I am doing something wrong, and I need to activate the Zones higher than 64 with a diferent method on the keypad.

Regards
Riaan

I believe the board has a silkscreen on it for the exact model, but it's been a while since I used the NX 448. Verify it's an NX-448E.

Did you verify in RP that you enabled the right size receiver and block of zones? Something sounds amiss, and since you've gotten an open box unit for the fob, sounds like it's possible.

Yeah I would try to enroll one of the sensors you have working on a higher zone and see if that works. I would doubt the sensor/fob before the main board, there have been known issues with bad batteries, and bad serial/tx number labels. I have an NX-448, but I have it enrolled on 97+.

First off, I will repeat and re-state that everything is working, only on Zones lower than 65. Currently I have 3xNX450 on zones 49/50/51, and 2xNX470 fobs on Zones 63/64.
As mentioned before, ElkRP allocated the correct number of Zones, and I can program any TX to max Zone 96. It just won't work on zones higher than 64.
Enrolling it via the Keypad, I can only enrol it to max Zone 64. But it all works. The keypad does not at all want to go to zones higher than 64.

The Serial# of the NX448E-I is 23616551063435 (Elk only gives compatibility with serial numbers starting with 231/232/233)
The only printing on the silkscreen is Interlogix 55-700-01-E
The number on the PAL(?) chip is 755-1652 6270
There is one other little label with numbers on, but don't know if that means anything.

The only reason I am using the old things, like NX448, is that it is the International version, working on 433MHz
The newer NX-548 is not yet available in 443 or 868MHz working, and neither is any of ELK's own Wireless products.
315/319 MHz in ITU-R region 1 (Europe/Africa) is allocated to the Military, and I don't want to mess around with interfering with them, even though the range of the NX is only about 150m.

Regards
Riaan

I would email Elk support, or try to re-enroll starting at a different zone number, like DEL is alluding to, if you have wired expanders that can conflict as well based on their address. I don't have easy access to my reciever, it is in the attic otherwise I would check the part numbers.

Also, if you read your first post you did not state that you had tested the same devices below zone 65 as you did above... :huh:

Back