Espresso Making preferences

Wow, very nice Bucko!

Noticed that the company Elektra has been around a very long time. 

The company was founded in 1947 by Umberto Fregnan and is still owned by the Fregnan-family.The focus of the machinery of Elektra was from the beginning, the idea of easy operation and maintenance. Elektra was clear from the start a very innovative company, which issued to the large number of patents. Already in 1950 the first machine was presented with an automatic hydraulic unit. In addition to the water level control with float, which was developed by the company as a seal-less system, the automatic dispensing with electrically controlled valve (1968) and the electronic delivery of five doses (1978) was developed.

The machines are craft built until today with a great focus on usability and longevity. Thus only copper is used for the boiler and 80 percent of parts are produced by Elektra itself. All machines are tested before delivery for 48 hours.

Nice write up on the Electra. Also to note, Electra invented the manual espresso machine. The build quality is top notch. From the other post, the Electra makes great milk drinks. Continuous steam produces tiny frothed milk.

Mine looks a little beat up after so many years, but working great. I have replace the heating element a few times because it was turned on without water a few times. I moved to China now and ordered 220v parts to use it here. Electra continues to supply all the parts for this machine.

I also use a commercial Saeco Royal which has a counter. I've put over 4000 cups through it so far and it has never failed. This a a good quality fully automactic machine that makes a really good cup as well. So now my Electra sits in my office and my Saeco is in the kitchen. I'm never far from a cup of java.

Updated title of this forum post / thread.

Been trying a variety of beans offered at the local grocery store.

There is a whole section of coffee beans. No coffee bean grinders though.

Noticed that many are blended coffee beans.

BaDU HQ uses an Aeropress with a steel filter.
We have a Meastro Solis burr mill, which is servicable enough that I replaced the burr and hoppers last summer.
When I'm not arround to drive the Aeropress ( W is small and has messed up her arms a bit via years of flying trapeeze ) we do classic paper cones.
I travel with a small japanese hand-powered ceramic burr mill which happily fits inside the Aeropress.

Thank-you Bill and BaduFamily.

Here had originally found two grinders in the kitchen.  One large and one small.  I have been using the small one.

Cleaning it other day and broke a little plastic switch tab.  Well it still works but if I touch the tab it will fall off.

I am noticing different flavors relating to the variety of coffee bean roast and using a touch more or less beans.

Hi cocoonut !!

Please suggest me a small coffee grinder that you are using I need it  for office use that can make good flavoured cappuccino's and lattes. 

Just a 2018 follow post to my personal morning Espresso making.    As mentioned a few years ago preference here is one cup of Espresso in the morning only.  Family all went to the one shot automated dispensers (plastic cup of a variety of flavors espresso grounds). 

Here tried these and went back to analog mode.

Measured this out to 7 shots per my coffee mug. 

Over the years my coffee mug did crack and finding a like replacement turned in to a 2-3 week endeavor.

I liked the older logo mug picked up at Kennedy Space center.  Really disliked updated logo so did find an old logo new mug.

Even tried Ebay looking for the mug.

mug.jpg

Liked the deluxe 9 cup size traditional Bialetti which really was closer to 7 shots of Espresso until I left it on the stove one day after using it burner on.  All of the plastic melted on it.

gen1.jpg

Went to a Bialetti 10 cup stainless steel Espresso maker originally called "Queen" and today called "Kitty". 

Wondering where they got the names from??  ISS space station has a custom made Bialetti Espresso maker today.

It's been now over a year and running every day once a day and doing well.  It is easier to clean and makes a perfect 10 shots (really more like 7 shots).

gen2.jpg

I'm enjoying a latte while I read your update Pete.  Good find on the mug!

I'm still running my La Spaziale shown early in this thread.  Off the cuff calculation puts it around 18,000+ shots pulled since I bought it in 2006.  The starter cap is starting to go out on the pump motor and I need to open up the boilers and descale again (do this about every 3-4 years).  Still, minimal maintenance for a daily use machine.  A good quality machine will last a lifetime!

Originally was looking for this coffee mug which came from Kennedy Space Center in the 1990's (while there with my kids visiting).

This mug has no manufacturing logos on it at all on bottom or inside or anywhere on the mug.

Searching Ebay at the time found no duplicate mugs (with NASA Logo and Kennedy Space Center verbiage).

Attachments

• NASACoffeeCup.jpg
    NASACoffeeCup.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2
Back