Haiku Feature Requests

Anthony A. said:
Im sure the features are much better in space, but it is the user interface that most here have a problem with. I think if space had a similar user interface look and layout with the updated features of space it would be a 100% hit. As most here already said, the new UI is horrible.... utterly simplistic and yet difficult to navigate. Why not redesign the UI and keep the actual layout and look of haiku that everyone here loves but just add some nicer graphics/icons?
After weeks of trying to use Space. . . I have to agree. The User Interface looks nice, but the User Experience is a huge step backwards. Here's my list:
  • There are is no useful information displayed on the home screen. (Having the clock there is not useful.)
    I can't see the security status in the home screen.
  • I can't see zone status in the home screen.
  • I can't see thermostat settings in the home screen.
  • I can't do anything from the home screen.

[*]It take too many screen changes to do anything (twice as many to arm or disarm the security system, for example)
[*]I can't even find my thermostat settings. . . much less change them.
[*]I can't find how to view the status of Flags or Outputs.
[*]I can't find history of Events
[*]Once I'm in the right screen, I have to do a lot more scrolling. The icons are big and the text is small, which makes it difficult to figure out what each button does.

Its been a while, I need to shmooze the posts in your forum section here, but for now...

I could not find anything searching this, so I will post it as a request...

I have really struggled with trying to make HaikuHelper more protected in iPad deployments so guests cannot access the HAI systems on those iPads.  For instance, I will have some non-HAI home automations and/or entertainment systems  accesses deployed at one of a client's a locales on an iPad, and make that available for guests to use. 

Challenges we face are:
1 - not wanting guests to have access to other locales listed in HaikuHelper, or
2 - not wanting guests to be able to launch/access HaikuHelper at all, or
3 - perhaps allowing limited access for guests to only certain features via HaikuHelper (like, say, access to specified devices or buttons, arming and disarming, kinds of things).

While I realize the last one there would likely pose some fair challenges, it seems it would be extremely useful, if not critically important, to address #'s 1 and 2.

So my feature requests for Space (since I don't expect any further updates for HaikuHelper - correct?),  are...
AT LEAST....
 - provide the app with a passcode manager for opening it, and
 - make it so the passcodes you store can be assigned ability to allow access to either of  one, some, or all of the locales entered into HaikuHelper, I mean Space.  And it should allow sophisticated code entry, i.e., not just a 4 digit pin.

Thank you, and I hope your progress with Space is moving in a positive direction.  Haven't bought a license for it yet, but if I see these features added I will buy one for tryout.  You may recall, I posted previously that we had just bought several more HaikuHelper licenses, and I was a bit disconcerted to learn Space was already out -but no information listed on the HaikuHelper webspaces (and still isn't btw), and I didn't want to drop more money for something so new ...and I couldn't even try it out first.

Anyway, thanks, and please post back if you folks are working on adding these features to Space.

Show audio volume percentage as slider moves in pop up box.
Tap an audio zone -
Pop up appears with zone info and volume slider bar.
Slide the bar and the volume changes but other than estimating the percentage of the volume by the position of the bar there is no way to know what the volume level is. Unless the pop up just happens to not be covering up one of the zone circles then you can see the percentage in the zone circle.

This is important because we can change the volume in a remote room and can't hear the volume level. This omission has already flunked the WFA (wife acceptance factor.) I'm tired of getting yelled at "it's too loud!" when I'm trying to adjust the audio from another room.

Thank you!

BitWise and a URL Scheme for Haiku and Space Automation

Custom URL Scheme's to return to the BitWise app. Russound has a beautiful Pop -up in their iPhone / iPad app, that will create a URL on the fly. Open the pull up (resides on the bottom), select the launcher type, pick the icon, type in the URL scheme, add in the friendly name, works every time.

No posts or updates in a while...I am not biting on this until I see some positive feedback on the changes to the home screen and more Haiku like usability.

Any estimated dates for an update to those portions of space?

@Bal: We've already made some changes and are working on more, it will evolve/improve over time with your feedback. The foundation is solid and we're now working on the UI and other improvements.

My suggestions are: 1) more icons, 2) ability to reorder items in security/buttons/control menus, 3) ability to change font size/color on home screen and sub menus. I changed my home screen and the white text of the time doesn't appear against the photo background. And 4) better status screen on home page as mentioned by many others.

Any timing on the Space Helper release?

ICONS NEEDED: 
  1. Sun
  2. Bed
  3. Little Boy (and Girl) Head (to designate bedrooms)
  4. Temperature (Gauge?)
  5. Lightbulb on / Lightbulb off (for buttons)
  6. Shades up / Shades down (for buttons)
  7. Car
  8. Kitchen (maybe fork and knife?)
  9. Sump Pump
  10. Ceiling Fan

OK, here is my idea for a revamped home screen. What are everyone's thoughts?

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:851]

I really like that concept for the home screen. I would want the option obviously on what is included. Personally I wouldn't want the cameras on the home screen.

I have to echo the other peoples comments. Space is minimalist and in a keypad scenario thats not what I am looking for. I am looking for an all inclusive screen to see the status of my system.  I really like Haiku but I have to imagine that support for it will come to an end.  Space needs to have more live data viewing.  I like the "Home" Screen of Haiku.  I would have liked to modify that screen so I could omit or reorder the options on the front page (don't need the locks section on the top) for instance.

Also a big lacking feature that would be great is a way to sync your data via dropbox. I don't know how you can distribute all your settings from one ipad to another (I have a lot).

Thanks,

Neil

heffneil said:
I have to echo the other peoples comments. Space is minimalist and in a keypad scenario thats not what I am looking for. I am looking for an all inclusive screen to see the status of my system
We'll be expanding the amount of information on the home screen.
Also a big lacking feature that would be great is a way to sync your data via dropbox. I don't know how you can distribute all your settings from one ipad to another (I have a lot).
You can currently transfer configurations between devices via iTunes File Sharing.

iTunes transfer isn't practical for a console. It requires being plugged in to the computer and iTunes wifi sync is highly unreliable.

Dropbox is ideal. If you look at irules sync option it uses google drive. Any of these options even iCloud would be great!

Back