HAI thermostat problems with app

hooman00

Hi. I am wondering if anyone else has had issues adjusting the temperature on the HAI thermostat via the HAI SnapLink app or 3rd party Haiku app? This has always been the same problem where as soon as I try to adjust the temperature, the system goes haywire and temp just changes to random settings on its own. From -11 to +34!!!
I am using OMNI II pro and always keep the firmware and apps updated

Thank you in advance

Never had this issue unless there was programming that made the thermostat want to do something else. I think that's about the only issue besides power that I've ran into with the thermostats.

I have zero programming of the thermostat. I had lowered the temp before going on vacation and tried to raise it remotely before returning home and noticed the temp would change randomly by itself. I had tried doing this before a couple of other times and same result

LQtechvn said:
Other information OK? such as room's temperature, fan level .,etc
yes.. everything else is correct... only increasing or decreasing the temps will cause erratic behaviour 

hooman00 said:
I noticed the temperature of the room is correct on the apps and on the thermostat but highs and lows are incorrect.
Then I tried to set the high to 23.5 and low to 21.5. See video how the numbers adjust by themselves!!

Link to video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q4ps34pfo6gmw8/IMG_0287.TRIM.MOV?dl=0
There is an amount of spread you must maintain between upper temp and lower temp. I'm not sure what it is in C, but in F its 3 degrees. If you don't equal or exceed that spread, it probably invalidates the last setting.  On mine it raises or lowers the OTHER temp to maintain the spread.  The temps can be closer than that because the HVAC system will constantly switch between AC and heat.

ano said:
There is an amount of spread you must maintain between upper temp and lower temp. I'm not sure what it is in C, but in F its 3 degrees. If you don't equal or exceed that spread, it probably invalidates the last setting.  On mine it raises or lowers the OTHER temp to maintain the spread.  The temps can be closer than that because the HVAC system will constantly switch between AC and heat.
interesting!!! The spread between 21.5 and 23.5 in C is 3.6 degrees F. This could very well be why it just changes.. I will try and use Fahrenheit and see if that makes any difference.. Thank you

hooman00 said:
interesting!!! The spread between 21.5 and 23.5 in C is 3.6 degrees F. This could very well be why it just changes.. I will try and use Fahrenheit and see if that makes any difference.. Thank you
If you want it to be the same temp in summer and winter, say, you can do that, but just not with the auto changeover feature of the thermostat.  You can set it to say 23.0C in the winter and put it on heat, then switch it to 23.0C in the summer and put it on AC. You just can't do that in Auto.  You can use programming to set it to heat or AC certain times of the year.  I read the outdoor temp at sunrise, and then decide if its a heat day or AC day.

Yeah, looks like what Ano said.  This confused me on Haiku initially as well, because it looks like there is a 1-2 second lag on the updates in the Haiku user interface.  If you do your adjustment to just one setting, then wait a few seconds to see everything update, it'll be a lot clearer what is going on.

edit: I think the spread is programmable on the OmniStat as well. I recall you can program it to allow a closer spread between the two temperatures in auto mode. I didn't do that, because I didn't think it was a good idea to allow heat and cooling to jump back and forth for 2 or 1 degrees (I think you can set it to 0.5 deg F accuracy, if I recall). I guess if you are super rich and want temp to be really tight, have at it!

As Ano says, you can use heat or cool mode instead, or you can just bump your ranges based on mode a little. I usually leave them about 5 degrees apart, but in spring and fall when temps may go both ways, I usually leave it in auto, but move the range so the most used mode is close to our comfortable temperature (heat set where we want it) then put the AC at 5 degrees above that. Then if we get a sunny afternoon where the temp shoots up some outside, the house doesn't run away a lot and the AC keeps it reasonable until we are home to decide we want to turn it down more.

Back