Haiku Haiku 4 is going to be revolutionary, add your suggestions

I agree with a floor plan, but maybe to add to that, how about monitoring the motion detectors and then maybe color-coding the room based on how recent the motion was?  Maybe green for most recent motion, yellow for the motion before that, red before that, etc.  Maybe also somehow convey not only the order of motion, but how recent the motion was.  Maybe another screen could do the same but with temperature.  I have four zones so it would be nice to see graphically which areas were hot and cold and which were humid and dry. 

we have gotten to the point where we have LOTS of data. Great, but now we need it simplified so all the data can be easier understood.

How about a way to limit which items appear in Haiku?  I've got flags and controls that I don't want to see unless I'm troubleshooting (which implies a mode setting in the iOS app).

Option to include the time of day that a push notification was sent in the notification text. The iOS 7 time rounds to the hour after 60 minutes which makes it hard to tell just when an event happened- which can be handy to know if you want to cross reference with the associated video surveillance recording.

Some sort of programming "wizard" to walk non-programmer users through basic functions that are not available on the OmniPro, but would take advantage of the powerful features available through HH. There are probably home automation and alarm installers who set up the OmniPro products who don't happen to be Java programmers. I would think that the market for HH will expand more rapidly as it becomes simpler to implement functions not directly available in the OP.

Many times I have read that HH can readily perform a function- but as a more hardware than programming oriented installer I am unable to take advantage of those capabilities.

@tannebil: leave the name blank in PC Access and they won't appear in Haiki. You can still set the description.

A way to keep the status bar on the status page floating and available on every page. Toggle feature on/off, or selectable for each page.
Default camera so when navigating to camera page it is already up rather than selecting every time.
Embedding camera thumbnail on main page.

avpman2 said:
Haiku Helper for PC. :)
Yes right. That would be wonderful but I'm afraid it's not going to happen. And it's a real pity, it would sell to every HAI user around instead of being limited to Mac users. Also, the hardware needed would cost about half the price if not less

lupinglade said:
@tannebil: leave the name blank in PC Access and they won't appear in Haiki. You can still set the description.
That's a solution, but there are controls or zones I'd like to use every now and then, but not always. It could be good to have an option to hide/unhide them. A sort of "expert mode" vs "simple mode", where we can choose dynamically the commands to hide.

I think the ability to open another app would be big, but I say this only because I want...Sonos control from within Haiku.

I know HAI doesn't support them and never will, but just maybe you can determine a way to?  I really want a single interface....

I'd like to see an ability to have a "home" and "away" IP address/hostname for the panel, so we no longer have to create two different panel configurations and remember to switch them when operating from our internal LAN versus external networks.

Plex is a good example of software that does this rather elegantly, allowing you to configure several hostname/address entries for a single server so it seamlessly finds your Plex server regardless of whether you're inside or outside your firewall.

You could also use this for reporting home/away status... I.e.when I go from connecting via the WAN to connecting via the "home" network then perform some action.

Back