Haiku Haiku 4 is going to be revolutionary, add your suggestions

Steve said:
I know I am delirious but Haiku on Android with tasker plugin/interface would be absolutely awesome. Haiku is the one thing I miss on Android and there is nothing close. It's kinda weird, since Android is more of a tech geek platform than iOS, Haiku would be such a great fit there. Oh well, I'll keep dreaming.

Agreed. The price point for an Android type tablet is very low and would make them even more attractive if Haiku could run on them. They're almost affordable enough to put one in every room. I.E. Haiku in every room. ;)

You know what would be just awesome in Haiku and Haiku helper is a cross reference for better descriptions.  The length of a unit name or button name is too short and most times cryptic.  If I could have a table where I could say ok load up my current names of units, button, flags and messages and let me put something with something like 20+ characters that would make decoding messages for people like my wife and other family members much better!

@heffneil: this is already possible in both Haiku and HaikuHelper. In Haiku its done by double tapping the title of the object you want to rename when you are viewing it in control mode (ie. after selecting it and its title appears on top in the navigation bar). In HaikuHelper its set in Window->Object Editor.

This may be asking too much but I would like to see the UI as configurable as iRule. They have done a very elegant job in how they mix the UI, Devices, and local gateways. It all works amazingly well. I have created UI components in iRule that communicate live to HH for controlling the lights in my home theater. This was before they created the HAI control, which I have not played with yet.

Thanks

Joe

heffneil said:
I think the ability to customize the layout would be ideal.  Most people want to be able to lay things out the way that works best for them.

Maybe a camera view that has multiple cameras at one time?

Thats just a few thoughts.

Neil
Totally agree with these two. On iPhone the screen is small and cluttered with many info I don't actually need. For example in summer I don't care about temperature sensor (the A/C runs on its own) or many windows being open.

I'd prefer having some auxiliary security zone always on display (I use one for electric power too high for my contract and one to signal my gate is open).
Also I might prefer to have a mixed layout with a camera, some controls, some buttons, some flags, some temperature sensor, some room, whatever... You got the point. In fact I need many of them.

It should be something like the favorites tab we already have but more flexible and customizable even in the position of items.

On iPad the space is much more but the info displayed is always the same.

Some other things I'd like:
- iOS 7 multitasking at work so that if haiku cannot connect it would retry when I move a bit (I see Dropbox does that: if the upload stops it can now restart when the GPS says you moved.). This it because 20% of the time the fence function fails on my iPhone just because it has no 3G connection when I cross the fence and it is not checked back later.
- maybe some link between haiku and IFTTT so I can send a mail or iMessage to trigger function in haiku or maybe viceversa (don't know if it can be done).
That's enough for now, I'll post more later maybe; and it would certainly be nice to see some pic even if static, so we can give feedback

If this is specific to Haiku (not Haiku Helper), then please forgive me.
I've got Haiku installed on my iphone & ipad, but have not yet purchased HH for the Mac. My system is still in its early stages.

I've just installed a couple of cameras, and I'm thinking how great it would be to better integrate the Haiku products with them.
I'd like to integrate the motion detection functions in both directions:
- have the HAI motion detector be able to initiate video recording from a specific camera to the Mac's hard drive
- have the camera's motion detection initiate something similar to a zone alarm, as well as initiate video recording.

It could be that HH already contains this functionality, but I didn't see anything like it in the product description.
Thanks - Haiku is a great product!

avpman2 said:
Agreed. The price point for an Android type tablet is very low and would make them even more attractive if Haiku could run on them. They're almost affordable enough to put one in every room. I.E. Haiku in every room. ;)
The end of that reads like it should tempt the developer due to multiple purchases, but unfortunately he gets paid once no matter how many copies you use, so that's not all that much of a sell!  That said, I may be Elk and iOS (and have no business on this thread) but I agree - android tablets are so much more affordable; however I'm still not aware of any Android mounts that compare to what's avail for iPad.  We really need a flagship Android device that has the kind of accessory market that Apple products have.

pgray007 said:
I have a Cisco ASA 5505 that tends to overcomplicate every configuration, and turn every 10 minute configuration task into a 12 hour nightmare so I haven't attempted to setup this configuration (that said, the thing is rock solid and never crashes or misses a beat until I mess with it).
You're brave - I'll give you that!  Running IOS if you're not a Cisco engineer can be quite the adventure.  That said - while I haven't done the configs myself, we did have this hairpining set up - I remember it being an absolute nightmare but we got it - the cisco term was "nat on a stick".  We also had to use it in our Costa Rica office because of the way their government-run ISP mapped IP's - it was a mess...  FWIW, I've used the higher end Netgear consumer routers dozens of times and they do this seamlessly; as do their UTMs.

Back