Haiku Haiku 4 is going to be revolutionary, add your suggestions

I had an idea this afternoon: what about user assignable sounds to messages?  For instance I could record "Gate Open" and it would say that when that message is received.  I receive the same bing bong every message and it isn't really informative unless I look at the phone which isn't always possible while driving or whatever.

Another thought would be SMS pushes on events. I guess this could be done with HH with some coding so this might not a very well thought out idea.

Neil

D14 said:
Ability to synchronize (favorites, camera settings, etc.) all of your devices.

This is true! Like irule uses the configuration on the cloud and other devices that backup data to dropbox (1password on the ipad and mac).  That would be super ideal.  Syncing wifi with my computers and ipads really sucks big donkey b4lls.

Work2Play said:
The end of that reads like it should tempt the developer due to multiple purchases, but unfortunately he gets paid once no matter how many copies you use, so that's not all that much of a sell!  That said, I may be Elk and iOS (and have no business on this thread) but I agree - android tablets are so much more affordable; however I'm still not aware of any Android mounts that compare to what's avail for iPad.  We really need a flagship Android device that has the kind of accessory market that Apple products have.

You're brave - I'll give you that!  Running IOS if you're not a Cisco engineer can be quite the adventure.  That said - while I haven't done the configs myself, we did have this hairpining set up - I remember it being an absolute nightmare but we got it - the cisco term was "nat on a stick".  We also had to use it in our Costa Rica office because of the way their government-run ISP mapped IP's - it was a mess...  FWIW, I've used the higher end Netgear consumer routers dozens of times and they do this seamlessly; as do their UTMs.

it would help if they started maintaining form between versions of the tablets.  OR my favorite do what they did with the Nexus 7.  Qi charging.  That way almost any pad will always work with your charging stand. But these are all just dreams.

Apples biggest advantage is "function follows form".  Android is "form follows function".  That limits androids accessories.

Not sure if this one has been mentioned before or not, but the ability to check a "local address" before going to the "public address" would be great. Reduce some latency and overhead and keep things internal when they need to be. of course I could do this in a nicer firewall, but thats something a lot of people probably don't have either.  This would be really similar to how some camera apps/servers work. 

Also can the current sunrise and sunset as well as date be shown in the weather portion of the status page?  It would be nice to see that info combined instead of going into the ABOUT tab.  Also ability to remove certain items from status page such as access controls tab (in my case since i have none and its only taking up precious real estate :)

Not sure if anyone has noticed but Release Notes were updated on Dec 6 for v4.0 but I don't see it yet in the Mac App store.

I agree with both of the above:

- screenshots;
- we want to test the beta :)

I'd add:

- new features list?
- roadmap for release?

We'll accept two more beta testers. We're looking for people to provide feedback on the UI/UX. PM me if you're interested.

Back