Haiku Haiku 4 is going to be revolutionary, add your suggestions

any more news on this release?  is there a time frame for the update or can you post some pics of the new user interface?

Something I just noticed last night.
If I turn on a light to a level with the slider, then press one of the timer buttons, it jumps to full on.
Once the timer is active I can dim it back to the proper level and the timer remains active.

I'm trying to avoid the bright flash.
I would like to be able to turn the light on to a dimmed setting and then set the timer, and the timer to act independently from the light level, or at least not alter the brightness level already set.
That behavior is available in PC Access so it should be available.

X2...

It's been announced for a while and we are still waiting for this "amazing" update...

For a $100 package (iOS and OSX apps), I'd expect something big in a short timeframe...

I've been waiting for your Haiku 4.0 upgrade for a while. I haven't bought Haiku because I didn't want to spend $49.99 for version 3.9 and then have to spend more for the new upgrade. Maybe my concerns are unfounded and current owners will get free upgrades. I just don't know. Can you clarify for me?

I won't steal lupinglade's thunder, but some of us have been beta testing the new version (he solicited testers here several months ago) and it is a major overhaul.  I don't remember if I agreed to an NDA or not so I'll just err on the side of caution.

As a home automation integrator, using mainly HAI and Russound products, I'm waiting for this major update to get my current and future customers to switch from Snaplink to Haiku (And Haiku Helper OS X app)...

Hopefully, I'll be able to try it this Summer and get my customers to switch by this Fall!

I asked to be a beta tester but got no response. Anyway, I think that showing some screenshot could help much in fine tuning the UI. I have something I'd like to see changed in the actual version, but was holding on until the new relaease.

I just hope it works better.  I am SO SO SO tired of having to adjust the brightness of my iPads constantly because they are so dim they aren't usable. I have nothing but network problems with my iPads. Haiku will get pushes but it can't connect to my DVR's. I don't know if this is a direct Haiku problem but I don't have trouble with any other iPad in my home and connectivity over a period of time?

This makes this a burdensome keypad that while nice to look at causes me to run around and press reset all the time?!.  Everyime apple pushes out a new update my iPads running Haiku are interrupted and it isn't obvious until they don't respond.  In this regard it is crap.

heffneil said:
I just hope it works better.  I am SO SO SO tired of having to adjust the brightness of my iPads constantly because they are so dim they aren't usable. I have nothing but network problems with my iPads. Haiku will get pushes but it can't connect to my DVR's. I don't know if this is a direct Haiku problem but I don't have trouble with any other iPad in my home and connectivity over a period of time?

This makes this a burdensome keypad that while nice to look at causes me to run around and press reset all the time?!.  Everyime apple pushes out a new update my iPads running Haiku are interrupted and it isn't obvious until they don't respond.  In this regard it is crap.
I have 4 iPads, 2iPhones, and 2iPods all running Haiku without a hitch. If you want to create a separate topic I will attempt to help and I am sure others will too.

Joe

I still want a volume 'nudge' up or down button for the audio section.  Using a scroll bar to raise or lower the sound level is a bit cumbersome and can result in a poor user experience.

Back