Having issues with my ge motion sensor

Quoting doesn't work all of a sudden! 
I tried the test from the manual and it didn't work.

Batteries are fine and the TX receives signals if the sensor is in test mode only

@DEL asked an important question in his post that you didn't answer.  Which GE wireless receiver do you have?  Is it the M1XRF2G or the M1XRFEG?

I'm not sure the position matters because I brought it near to the TX and waved my hands infront of it.  But yes I also have the elk motion

No I meant to ask if you have another GE motion to try in that location. I'm thinking that you have a bad motion detector and it would be nice to try a known good one in the same location.

Oh, no I only have 1 ge motion.  Funny how it works in walk mode and the TX sees it but not when armed.  Could it be one of the elk settings like loop numbe, PIR, Option1, option 2?

RogueOne said:
Oh, no I only have 1 ge motion.  Funny how it works in walk mode and the TX sees it but not when armed.  Could it be one of the elk settings like loop numbe, PIR, Option1, option 2?

It sounds like the motion detector is not communicating with the tx and walk mode most likely does not need to communicate with the tx to work. I think that the detector is not enrolled to the tx. I recommend that you repeat whatever procedure you used to enroll it. I don't have GE motions so I don't know the procedure but I'm sure that someone here can help with that.

Mike.

Are both the yellow and green LEDs on the M1XRFEG blinking when there is movement detected?

Have you tried doing a RF Level Check as described on pg 7 of the M1XRFEG manual?  If the Elk doesn't announce a signal level when the zone is violated, that is a sign that the signal isn't being received properly, or that the M1XRFEG isn't communicating with the M1. 

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is to double check that the TXid was entered correctly into RP.

Yes yellow and green flash when in walk mode and there is movement. 
I will try the rf level check.

The other reason I think there is communication from the ge motion to the elk is when I first installed the system, I enrolled the ge motion with the keypad and not elkrp.  As soon as I triped the walk mode, the keypad recognized the sensor

A motion sensor (passive-infrared or PIR) detects move-
ment within a specific area by sensing the infrared energy
emitted from a body as it moves across the sensor's field of
view. When this motion is detected, the sensor transmits an
alarm signal to the control panel.

Use this motion sensor to protect locations where door/win-
dow sensors are impractical or not needed. For example,
use a motion sensor to protect large areas or open floor
plans. Motion sensors also provide backup protection for
door/window sensors.

The ITI Pet Immune SAW PIR utilizes advanced signal
processing, a new custom designed lens, and a new custom
designed sensing element. The combination of these
improvements provides false alarm immunity for pets with
a combined weight of up to 40 pounds while still providing
superior human catch performance.

This wireless motion sensor includes the following features:
* 35 feet by 40 feet coverage area
* Three minute transmitter lockout time after an alarm that helps extend battery life
* Cover-activated tamper (optional wall-activated tamperis included)
* Supervisory signals transmitted every 64 minutes to thecontrol panel
* Sensor low battery reports (trouble) to the control panel
* Field-selectable sensitivity options (standard settingrequired for pet applications)

RogueOne said:
Yes yellow and green flash when in walk mode and there is movement. 
I will try the rf level check.

The other reason I think there is communication from the ge motion to the elk is when I first installed the system, I enrolled the ge motion with the keypad and not elkrp.  As soon as I triped the walk mode, the keypad recognized the sensor

Are you absolutely certain that it is not just going into sleep mode?

Quoted from above:

"Three minute transmitter lockout time after an alarm that helps extend battery life"

I'm going to toss this out there:

The PN listed as the PIR in the receiver documents is NOT the one you have. That would lead me to believe there is either a suspect bad device or something else is going on. The fact that you have RX lights on the receiver when the unit faults or tamper is tripped (correct?) alludes to that the device is transmitting.

That moves us to either suspect distance or interference on the receiver. What are the mounting details and location of the receiver? Is there foil backed insulation or wall coverings in the house?

Barring that, you should delete the device and trip test/enroll and compare to the hex ESN that is on the detector. I have heard of errors or mismatched units. Then at that point, watch the lights on the receiver. Make sure jam detection is disabled across the board.

The biggest item is the detector SHOULD be compatible, but since it's not listed on the device list, Elk can't guarantee the 3rd party didn't modify something on the device or protocol. I had this problem years ago with the billtraps listed in the docs. Elk wrote a firmware to fix for a specific customer.

Also, pay attention to the part about the time out feature from walk testing. You should NOT see an LED on the detector in normal operation.

Back