Having issues with my ge motion sensor

DELLInstallations  "PN listed as PIR" ?  are you referring to the devices that are compatible with the ge transceiver?
I have RX lights when the back cover is off and then when motion is detected.
I don't think its a placement issue because I took it off the wall and was testing about 3 feet from transceiver.
what do you mean trip test/enroll?  also I'm not familiar with "Jam detection"
This is the part number 60-807-95r  Then there is another number FIN 6438 and another below the txid  DL 0D364F

From page 1 of the install manual

Three minute transmitter lockout time after an alarm that
helps extend battery life

The detector isn't listed as tested/compatible with the receiver, so that's something to consider. GE could have changed something with the data the unit sends....I say that because I've experienced issues with a GE device on an Elk that transmitted basic items like tamper and low battery but not an alarm condition. This was going back a ways in the firmware and when Elk supported the 548E and their unit.

But first and foremost, you need to try manually enrolling the device via tripping the tamper as listed on the receiver installation instructions.

Then you need to wait for the walk test function to time out. Want to say like 10-15 minutes off top of head. Then place it somewhere, such as inside a box, for at least 5-10 minutes without touching it. Then try testing it.

Are you saying leave the back off the sensor the whole time for about 10 to 15 minutes then stick in a box for an additional 10 then test it still without the cover?

No.

You need to have the motion installed on the backplate. If you're trying to test with the tamper active, that's your problem.

Take the backplate off the wall, install it on the detector and then put it in a box for 10-15 minutes.

Then I'd suggest trying to learn the detector in manually....if that fails, either it's not compatible or bad detector.

Back