Help me find a good & affordable generator transfer switch

I haven't seen the Generlink. It looks like a great idea.

I can speak for the HOMCGK2 also. I installed one on a friends panel and the installation was very simple. The harder part was how to creatively move breakers around to allow the new double pole breaker on the top right.

If I was an electrician i would leave the 2 and 4 spot blank until the panel was full when installing new panels.

Dan, the interlock kit does work as advertised. Very easy to install. Of course, now that I installed it, I will probably never get a power outage again :)

That GenerLink product looks very interesting, since it wouldn't you to waste space on a dual-pole breaker. But the site isn't showing much information about it, which is rather strange. Looks like it is UL listed as well.

This might go a little far and I understand if it'd take too much time. But does this means there is two different phases on each hot wire in the 240V cable? But wouldn't it be possible to run one wire to the right side in the panel and the other hot wire to the left side in the panel. Each into a single pole breaker. Wouldn't I cover both phases then as well?

(I hope I am not missing some major electrical basics here. If so, I apologize in advance!)

Just a few things, for your reference:
1. (Most) home electrical systems are a single split phase (not two phases).

2. (Most) panels are set up in such a way that every other breaker vertically is on opposite sides of the phase (which is how, when you have a two pole breaker (eg. dryer, range) they are stacked on one another).

Back