Iphone 7 has no headphone jack

pvrfan said:
So the 2 lens camera system with 2X optical zoom and up to 10X via software...meh?

so they added optical zoom to the 2 lens set up first seen in the lg g5 and huawei p9? evolutionary != revolutionary

I wne throught the SLR hype years ago and a=carried the bag of lenses around and took very few pictures and hated outings.

I did carry a digital point and shoot, with just as many features and probably just as good as my old $2000 SLR kit, if and when I get real ambitious and plan for an occasion. SLR is just a moot point now as they all view through the lens.

Now I found that pictures taken with a camera, that is actually with me, are much better than so many quality awesome shots in my mind.

The Iphone has clunky and mediocre control over light and depth of field, the audio playback has no range and the phone has drop-out and is not really full duplex. You have to take turn stalking like on a walkie talkie. 

I have an Iphone 6 after owning a 4, a 4s and a 5 and speak from my own experience. The device is very convenient but is a compromise in almost everything that it does.

Old geezer

LarrylLix said:
I wne throught the SLR hype years ago and a=carried the bag of lenses around and took very few pictures and hated outings.

I did carry a digital point and shoot, with just as many features and probably just as good as my old $2000 SLR kit, if and when I get real ambitious and plan for an occasion. SLR is just a moot point now as they all view through the lens.

Now I found that pictures taken with a camera, that is actually with me, are much better than so many quality awesome shots in my mind.
I agree and prefer a pocket camera these days. The Iphone can make a good exposure if the lighting conditions are good to excellent meaning it takes good shots at dawn and at dusk but it really aint so great in the light of day.

pvrfan said:
Yeah, you're fighting a losing battle there, aren't you?  You do realize that smartphone penetration, worldwide, keeps relentlessly climbing.  The rest of the world thinks your arguments are either wrong or irrelevant.

Craig
PS You forgot to end with: "And get off my lawn!"   ;)

And I'm not fighting any battle and I'm no more wrong than you are right. If everyone liked what I like they would all want my wife! I'm just not one of the Isheeple (thx LarryLix) generation.

mikefamig said:
The Iphone has clunky and mediocre control over light and depth of field, ...
I donno, some people seem to be able to get pretty good shots:

http://time.com/4393576/iphone-photo-awards-2016/

Eg...
012-mette-lampcov-animals-2nd.jpg

Craig

mikefamig said:
And I'm not fighting any battle and I'm no more wrong than you are right. If everyone liked what I like they would all want my wife! I'm just not one of the Isheeple (thx LarryLix) generation.
Why the name-calling?  How does that advance your argument in the slightest?

The last I read, there are about 400 million iPhone users.  The idea that Apple has pulled the wool over all our eyes is...stupid.  

Apple controls their hardware AND software and, I think, makes some pretty damn good products.  There is an old adage that you can pay the price to buy quality and cry once.  Or buy cheap and cry again and again.  Some of us (well, hundreds of millions of us) feel that Apple offers quality and we pay the price.  You don't have to agree but lowering yourself to name-calling doesn't do much to support your position that you've made the smarter choice.

Craig

pvrfan said:
Why the name-calling?  How does that advance your argument in the slightest?

The last I read, there are about 400 million iPhone users.  The idea that Apple has pulled the wool over all our eyes is...stupid.  

Apple controls their hardware AND software and, I think, makes some pretty damn good products.  There is an old adage that you can pay the price to buy quality and cry once.  Or buy cheap and cry again and again.  Some of us (well, hundreds of millions of us) feel that Apple offers quality and we pay the price.  You don't have to agree but lowering yourself to name-calling doesn't do much to support your position that you've made the smarter choice.

Craig
Name calling? I think your post kind of exmeplifies the sarcastic phrase but had nothing to do with wool.

Ok how about this?

"I have some Preparation A for those with Androids" :)

"Total control, end to end."

.....Steve Jobs

So I am curious about everyone getting on the wireless charging band wagon. Everything I have seen is its still a work in progress with other vendors and not efficient. Uses more energy and takes longer to charge.

Yes there is the convenance factor, but Apple has shown in the past that it only really adds technology that is proven. This usually does delay them adding hardware and functions, but for the most part it's solid once released.

At first I was upset about the jack being removed as well, but thought for a bit and couldn't come up with anything that I am currently using it for. My headset is Bluetooth and my car is too.

waynehead99 said:
. At first I was upset about the jack being removed as well, but thought for a bit and couldn't come up with anything that I am currently using it for. My headset is Bluetooth and my car is too.

At first I was amazed that they had removed the jack but when I learned that the headset will still work through the charging plug it became a moot point.

Mike.

pvrfan said:
So the 2 lens camera system with 2X optical zoom and up to 10X via software...meh?

Or are you more impressed with Samsung's arsonist-in-your-pocket Note 7?   :eek:

Craig
Sorry, but you sound like you bought completely into the "fan-boi" kool-aid. Bullet points don't add up to revolutionary.

Apple has not had their fair share of faux-pax? Like the antenna issues? The various significant IOS issues, the build quality and bending issues? Latest is the display chipset controller in the 6 and later versions that has issues and is un-repairable in the field (reflow not possible) which causes the entire display to die.....requiring the whole assembly (display and digitizer) being replaced as reflow isn't an option.

As I have a customer who was one of THE first adopters of Apple products into the mainstream photography field (Google will turn up their name if you desire) the camera will move the smartphone into the realm of taking over the DLSR market as they improve, but the other items are minor improvements that come with the technology field itself. Chipsets and power consumption change with time....nothing revolutionary.....they're not stating that they've improved battery life and performance 40%, it simply hasn't happened.

I have both Apple and Android and use both. Same with VM's. One isn't better than the other, and one doesn't work flawlessly while the other is bug ridden. Each has strong points and suits for different tasks and one product may have more 3rd party devices to support via the OS or hardware. Nature of the beast. Same about there being "NO VIRUSES" for iOS devices (false).

Maybe I'll keep buying products to support the next generation (like original Apple plug to Lightning, now Lightning and 3.5mm and whatever comes up next by Cupertino. Buy once per each generation). Amazingly the same mini/micro USB I've had from my first droid still works. Hopefully we'll get an add on dongle to allow us to plug headphones into it next.

You truly sound like a troll with your posts. Sorry.

mikefamig said:
At first I was amazed that they had removed the jack but when I learned that the headset will still work through the charging plug it became a moot point.

Mike.
Which then negates the ability to charge the phone and use the headphones via an adapter at the same time.....followed by the necessity for a 2nd or 3rd product to be able to charge and use the headphones at the same time. Seems vaguely familiar from the Lightning port introduction, with requiring dongles and adapters to work with all the OEM products that were released before by the Fruit......wonder if the next gen with wireless charging is going to get rid of the port altogether since that won't be needed anymore, which now is going to negate a whole host of other items (and spur the market for all the 3rd party products again).

Remember the whole issue with Lightning cables and their chargers? Now it's going to be with audio, next is charging and data transfer.

I'm not arguing with either, simply pointing out the facts and patterns.

No charge connector?
I don't exactly what the law passed in the UK states, but it could be outlawed in the UK then.

Wouldn't that be hilarious for the iSheep in the UK when they try to "fight city hall".

Of course Apple sidestepped the law last time by isuing adapters from their ridiculous "total control, end to end" lightning connectors.

Back