Is there a Detailed M1 Event Log?

slowmo

Something caused our M1 to trigger an alarm event this evening.  The M1 wasn't armed, as far as I know,  The cause of the alarm is unknown at this point, although I like to nail down the cause.  We are not hooked to a Central Station so I cannot retrieve a log from a third party.  I looked through the Account Log but it wasn't helpful as it only shows generic events i.e., log on/off.   Is there detailed log which collects all events?  If so, where do I find it?

Thanks,
Scott

Not that I have ever been able to find unfortunately, but you should be able to see whether there was an " Area Alarmed" Log entry which will tell you if the alarm was set or not..

Very interesting.  I had something very similar happen yesterday with my M1.  By alarm event, I'm assuming that you mean that it reporting something to the CS, and the CS called you - that's what happened to me.  The alarm itself (sirens, etc) were NOT going off. 

When this happened to us, no zones were being violated (we were sleeping), and actually happened while the alarm was armed to "Stay".  Continued throughout the day, and the CS couldn't shed any light as to what it was.  See my thread here:
http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/25632-elk-m1g-transmitting-an-unknown-event-to-cs/

How are you reporting to your CS (Phone Line, IP, GSM, etc)?

No Central Station, the Alarms just went off in our house. The log showed no "Area Armed" at least for the same day.  Looking back over the log there is one line 1299 = Duress by User 1 (me) which initially assumed it was associated when I used the M1ToGo to shut off the alarm.  Since no one was using the keypads I assume the alarm was not manually tripped.

Sorry guys - no idea how I missed the "NOT" that's in there.  Definitely not the same issue that I saw, but I too would be interested in a higher level of logging, although I think that I'd need to see what was coming out to the CS, and you'd need to see what was internal to the control.

Back