Kwikset SmartCode Deadbolt with Z-wave availability

Unfortunately, the latest word is Soon. They are working with Kwikset however to get it working.

None. They temporarily discontinued the VRC0P in anticipation of the new one coming out however the new one is not ready yet. We are back to using the RZC0P for now.

There has been a lot of mention and confusion about the RZCOP vs. VRCOP. Rumors seem to abound of one being discontinued in favor of the other. Unfortunately your latest info seems to add a little more confusion. Would you mind recapping the differences between the two as it stands today?

The VRC0P and RZC0P are identical except for the Leviton logo and packaging. The new version of the VRC0P will be flash upgradeable.

I would like to integrate a couple of new Zwave deadbolt locks into my HAI system (Omnipro 2). Today I use exclusively Leviton zwave devices and therefore have their remote (which I only use to install new Zwave devices). I also have a Leviton RS232/Zwave device connected to my HAI to control all of these devices from the HAI system. Sounds like they may be coming out with a new model? Anyway, what do I need to add Zwave deadbolts to my HAI system? Thanks. SJ

Thanks. Looks like Kwikset has a new design, but assume the technology in this has not changed? Anyway, want to understand the options for integration with HAI/Leviton. From reading the thread, it looks like Leviton will be updated their Serial Interface Module to work with Kwikset devices. If so, I guess I could go ahead and purchase the Kwikset devices (and use them manually for now) and integrate them later? SJ

Ah, I see what you are asking for now. I'm just not sure as to what ZWave Leviton HAI supports. When I reviewed them at the recent CES Show it seemed like they were more into Zigbee; but again, just not sure

I do know that the Yale lock will support Zigbee or Zwave, depending on what radio board you put into it.

Hopefully HAI Cocooners can chime in with more specific info on what you are asking for.

looks like Hai would not integrate with Kwikset at this time
http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17885

The new interface (when released) will allow the capability to have the HAI talk to locks but it's not just the interface that has to be updated. Once it is released, HAI has to then update the firmware to support locks as well.

Assume when all has been completed, that it will work with the current Kwikset models? I'm in the process of replacing some doors and want to go ahead and install them now (and use the integration with HAI/Leviton later). Right?

Are there any other alternatives for controlling the locks other than Homeseer and Vera? Such as directly through a HAI or ELK panel?

Back