M1 PLC capability

So, does it matter (feature wise) to the M1, RP, HA system, etc if you use X10, UPB, Zwave OR Insteon? Or do they all act the same way and you just have basic on/off/dim?
The M1 treats all lighting about the same. Some systems like Zwave have specific addresses that do special things like groups, scenes, thermostats, or individual control.
You have all the control commands in the X-10 command set including preset dim. Ramp rates are being implimented also.

When a light is turned on by a rule, does the Elk report that the light is now on out to the serial port? Or does that have to be polled for? What about if the light was turned on via a mini controller or something? Assume that the HA doesn't have a way to listen directly to the powerline/protocol since HomeSeer doesn't support UPB (without xAP) or Insteon.
The M1 maintains a lighting map of all the lighting devices that it can hear on the lighting network, whatever it is. Whenever that lighting map changes, the M1 sends that light change out all serial ports attached to the M1. This real time information can be received by a PC to do other changes in the HA system. :angry:

SPANKY can you explain me a little abouth that:

" Make sure you note in the instructions the way the cable must be made. If it is backwards, it will not work. There is a 50/50 chance of being backwards. Normally with the PSC05 you have to furnish the cable."

I no way for me to make my psco5 work,I made my cable with a piece of cat5

The cable is just a regular phone cord, RJ11 straight through. I believe it has to have all 4 wires - watch for the phone cords with only 2. First try an off the shelf phone cord to eliminate any possible issue with the cable you made. If that doesn't work, look at this thread. U may need to move PSC05 to different outlet.

I check all my phones cord and have 2 wires that is why I made my own cable,also after read you thread I going to move my psco5 to other outlet and see if work

PSC05 and PSC04 Telephone Style Cable.

If you lay out the telephone cord flat on a table, you will see one of two things:

1. The locking tab on the RJ11 connector is up on both ends (wrong), pin 1 on one connector goes to pin 4 on the other connector.

2. The locking tab on the RJ11 connector is up on one connector and down on the other connector (right) pin 1 goes to pin 1.

Make sure the cable has four wires in the connector on both ends.

You can get them almost anywhere - Rad Shack, CC, BB, prob even Target or Walmart. Just make sure it has 4 wires. It will be labelled RJ11 telephone cord or something like that. If you make your own you just have to make sure it is wired straight thru. Just follow Spankys instructions above or maybe this will help. If unsure, just go buy a cable, they are only a few bucks.

Back