Premise Minibroker COM API

Motorola Premise
This is weird. I was able to get property subscriptions to work in windows 2003 r2 x64. I wonder if vista and 2003r2 share the same code base. I always thought vista and windows 2008 were "cousins". Perhaps, a key component in COM is the same on Vista and 2003 r2. To really complicate things, a vbscript app running in IE that uses subscribe to property change works on 2008 r2.

Interestingly enough, subscribe to connection works on all operating system versions. Getting this thing open sourced sure would help. At least getting minibroker source code would go a long way.

Tim,

Love him or hate him, but Ted Dziuba is undeniably fun to read. Here is his opinion of node.js:
http://teddziuba.com/2011/10/node-js-is-cancer.html

Yeah... I read that a few weeks ago. I actually agree. I can just see somebody somewhere deploying some enterprise class, multi-million user app on nodejs. And I somewhat agree that would be silly thing to do. Maybe it's robust enough, or maybe not... I don't know. What I do know is that web app servers such as Weblogic, IIS, Websphere, Apache/Tomcat... They all exist for a reason... As does robust web languages such as java, asp.net that sit behind those servers. I just don't think that anything started life as client side scripting engine will ever be good enough to come close to the capabilities of an enterprise class platform.

That being said...
I think nodejs is awesome for what I want to do... It's small, familiar (js), lightweight, extensible, lots of nifty addons, multi-platform. There will only ever be a few browsers/clients connected to it, so blocking calls, queuing, etc won't be an issue.

Tim

Sounds like a perfect fit for Premise. I can't imagine any one every having more than 5-6 sessions open at once.

Interesting...in my other non-Premise life, the generally accepted thought is enterprise, enterprise, enterprise..but with only a few users, maybe its not the right approach...although I haven't looked at node.js enough to know. Then again, there is still a sect that thinks MS will be overthrown...

For all purposes, you could say I did not get it working.
I managed to connect to Premise via node.js, but that's it. No commands or functionality was ever implemented.
Tim

Back