Omni Pro II and ViziaRF+ 3

bluemanta

Hi All,

We got a new project for integrating RTI home automation. One of the existing systems which we need to integrate with is HAI Omni Pro II. I am not experienced with HAI but am a very fast learner

So far we've been able to successfully integrate and communicate with the security system (using 2-way driver)

I am in a bit lost with the lighting and thermostats. I installed the PC Access and downloaded the configuration from the Omni Pro II but can't see any used entries on the Units page or Thermostats page. The list of (254) dimmers just show the default settings and so is the thermostat lists

Since the ViziaRF is RS232-to-Zwave adapter I assume the programming was done in the ViziaRF rather than in the OmniPro.

My questions are:

1. On the Omniport Pro II, top left corner there are 5 RJ45 jacks then space and then 2 more. The ViziaRF is connected to the 4th RJ45 from the left. How do I know which serial port is this? The Serial page in PC Access shows 6 serial ports

2. What type of module do I select? Omni-Link or Pro-Link?

3. Once the ViziaRF+ is programmed with the dimmers (it is currently programmed and working) how does the OmniPro make references to each dimmer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

EK

Serial ports are numbered from left to right, so you have port #4
In PC Access:
1.      Set a serial port to Z-Wave
2.      Set the desired House Codes to Vizia for lighting.
3.      Under Setup >> Units, name and enter the Node ID’s of all Vizia devices as assigned in the Leviton software (excluding the VRC0P +3 controller and USB Installer Tool)
4.      For locks, go to Expansion>>Serial>>Access Control. Name the locks, select the type and enter the Node ID’s.
5.      Write the PC Access configuration to the automation controller.

Welcome to Cocoontech bluemanta.

Here utilize X10, Z-Wave and UPB with my OmniPro 2 panel.  Other Cocoontech users utilize different serial mechanisms of lighting technology today.

You do have a nice choice with the OPII panel.

HAI Serialports.jpg

how does the OmniPro make references to each dimmer?

Just like the rest of the Units configured on the OmniPro panel.

Have a read at the attached document.  It is old but the base configuration is the same (almost).

View attachment HA01140802BH - Vizia RF Systems Guide.pdf

I have attached a link to a hard copy of the PCA help file.

PC Access Help file

Back