OmniTouchPro on Raspberry Pi and Windows 10

I just started looking at Homeseer as a collaboration across families of products tool and saw their GUI designer component.
I am a complete novice to those products, but tech seems to have reached another level of maturity that I need to upgrade/improve some things..

Yup here for "work" stuff used Microsoft Visio in the 1990's.  The Homeseer 3 Touchscreen designer has similar to Visio little widgets on the top of the screen.  

The entire structure of the touchscreen client resides in one xml file.  HST and individuals offer up base templates with unique graphics and stuff. Everybody has unique set-ups with elements defined per their configuration which can get a bit involved.

It is really though what you are most comfortable with relating to that console input thing. That said each OS touch console is unique.  HS3 touch does let you configure and manage the console sort of non OS based. 

I mean you can define a button to do something like dim or shut off a screen and it works the same whether you are using iOS, Android or Wintel concurrently mixing this stuff with proprietary OS of whatever console you utilize.  (here for example stream live TV from my MythTV box on to my tablet touchscreens).

This morning tested OTP on another Wine setup.   I was able to register the serial number just fine.  Only thing is that it goes to a blank form.  I am adding a bit at a time to the build to see what specifically it needs.

I plan to install 2 surface pro 4's with this app running on it. The quality of the graphics even on low res 1024x788 are amazing.

pete_c said:
You can download the executable, but you need a license key to run it.  I wanted to test it on a nettop a while back.
I may still the License is only around $60.

I have been able to purchase new licenses on Ebay for less. 

That said OTP doesn't work the same as my OmniTouch 5.7e's. 

It looks nice on the 800X480 display.

I can navigate OK with it.  The cameras section though is configured for a direct connect to the HAI CCTV server and I cannot change that and it doesn't see what is configured in PCA.  Direct connect doesn't work with my Axis server either.
Pete,

Do you still have the link for the OPT? If not, can you share a copy. I have the CE version and would like to try the PC version. 

Also, what is the difference between the PC OPT and the 5,7e GUI/options?

Thanks

I have the CE version and would like to try the PC version.

The CE version is identical to the PC or Windows version.   I do not think it's ever been updated.

Try it out.  It works fine for me in 4:3 mode or wide screen mode.

I run it on my tabletop embedded Windows computers.  Runs fine.  Before running it on my tabletop computers ran it on my CE wall mounted computers.

There is also the Leviton Omni designer program which will let you customize OmniTouch Pro and the CE versions on the OmniTouch 5.7e screens.

Personally I would like to redesign my Omnitouch 5.7e stock design screens as the video sucks on them (but works).

There are a few folks here that done that with their touchscreens that run CE or any Wintel OS today.

It was a few years back that I would just search Ebay for OmniTouch Pro licenses.  Once in a while you will see a vendor dumping the licenses for a reasonable price.

Thinking today I would not have any issues running the software on a new Linux tablet running wine or Oracle virtual box running any windows full screen.

pete_c said:
There is also the Leviton Omni designer program which will let you customize OmniTouch Pro and the CE versions on the OmniTouch 5.7e screens.

Personally I would like to redesign my Omnitouch 5.7e stock design screens as the video sucks on them (but works).
Is the Leviton Omni designer the same as the HAI Automation studio?

I use the HAI Automation studio to redesign my omnitouch 5.7, if that is what you mean by redesigning the screens. As far as the video goes, I have installed the Sony Ipela NVR server along with networked HD cameras. I you are using the HAI video encoder, perhaps it will be wise to upgrade to something else.

Is the Leviton Omni designer the same as the HAI Automation studio?

yes

Here use the HAI combo Video / Omnitouch Hub, Zone Minder, Axis server and the Grandstream encoder / decoder to provide video to my old Omnitouch 5.7 and newer Omnitouch 5.7e's.  The analog video on the Omnitouch 5.7 while SD is better than the HD video on the Omnitouch 5.7e's stock display.

I could the video better on the Omnitouch 5.7e's and Omnitouch Pro Touchscreen software if I used HAI Automation studio.

Lemme see one of your redesigned Omnitouch 5.7e screens.  Take a picture and post it here.

That said I can do CCTV HD and SD video fine on my Tabletop touchscreens running embedded Windows using Zone Minder software.

and

Utilizing Homeseer / Homeseer Touch and the Homeseer Omni Plugin I can get very creative with my touchscreens...only thing is that I am always trying to fit many buttons on one screen.  Lots of buttons do work on my old large LCD touchscreens but not on the small ones (most of this is too much for the WAF anyhow).  She is afraid of touching my screens for fear that she will break the house.  What works best for her is the original legacy Omnitouch 5.7 screen with big buttons or the keypad.

BTW here is my Homeseer Touch Omnistat screen.  I never touch it these days.  That said I never touch the Omnistat settings in the Omnitouch 5.7's or Omnitouch 5.7e's.  I used to watch stuff in the 1990's with first smart phones in to the 2000's (Global GPRS, 3G then later 4G).  I am not tethered today to my phone and do not use it as a remote these days.  That is me.  I have multiple smart phones which are all  unlocked and multiple SIM cards and have no particular primary choice of smart phone.

In this touchscreen interface I have OmniPro 2 variables (Thermostat, HAI Combo Temperature-Humidity settings) mixed in with my Davis Weather station variables and 1-wire variables.  Initially had many more 1-wire sensors on the page and it looked too crowded for me.  IE: here have 1-wire sensors in the attic plus every room and hallway in the house.  Fun to watch and shows how well the Heat or AC works but that is it for me. 

You could probably do a similiar design with the HAI designer except I do not know if you could add external variables to the screen.  Really you probably could.

omnistat.jpg

Back