Premise Premise Home Automation User Interface (PremiseHUI)

Motorola Premise
I have been reading that the Windows Home Server version of IIS is exactly the same as The 2003 Server version has, that should make this a much cheaper experiment. I really didn't want to pay what Windows Server 2003 costs for an operating system anyway.

That's good!!!! I'm pretty sure you'll need to go to Add/Remove Software | Windows Components and make sure that all of the ASP stuff is installed. Not sure if WHS actually supports ASP.NET, but you'll need to have it to make this work.

I also just noticed that my Windows XP computer at work has IIS and ASP.NET components available to install.

Did you also make sure .NET 3.5 is installed?

That's good!!!! I'm pretty sure you'll need to go to Add/Remove Software | Windows Components and make sure that all of the ASP stuff is installed. Not sure if WHS actually supports ASP.NET, but you'll need to have it to make this work.

I also just noticed that my Windows XP computer at work has IIS and ASP.NET components available to install.

Did you also make sure .NET 3.5 is installed?

If the info in this tread is accurate it has ASP.NET
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w...4-53dd4cf2e369/

Yes, I installed .Net 3.5 first thing. I have IIS 5.1 as an option on XP PRO that my media server is using. The computer I am trying your HUI on may have something screwed up on it and my regular Premise server is only running XP home so it doesn't have the IIS option at all. I ordered WHS and next month I plan on getting a new mini-ITX board. The board I want is not available yet but It should be out in a few days. http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ms_9830

By the way, what will I need on the client side to run the new HUI? Does it take a lot of resources like Damon's Jukebox sample?

Thanks
Wayne

By the way, what will I need on the client side to run the new HUI? Does it take a lot of resources like Damon's Jukebox sample?

Thanks
Wayne

That's the beauty of it. The real heavy lifting is done by the server. You will need silverlight 2.0 and IE7.

I have it working now, Thanks

Gotit.jpg

Ive been in firefight most of the last couple of weeks, only compounded by that darn day job, but I'll give John's HUI a try this weekend and let you know. It should be, I think, the actual server name and pwd, but I'll verify.

Ive been in firefight most of the last couple of weeks, only compounded by that darn day job, but I'll give John's HUI a try this weekend and let you know. It should be, I think, the actual server name and pwd, but I'll verify.
It is the server, username, and password for the Premise server.

I got my copy of WHS and tried setting everything up, I am getting an error when browsing to the PremiseHUI web page.
I am also not sure on the password and user settings in the config file in the Bin directory, should I use the actual server username and password or the Premise builder password? Thanks

Configerror.jpg
Wayne,

You need to make sure you've followed the install instructions "Exactly". I got it from the Gizmox web-site (maker of the framework I'm using). I went through five or six iterations before I realized that there are no short-cuts in configuring ASP.NET on IIS.

I believe I set up the web.config file to not require authentication, so I'm not sure why you are seeing this.

I think when I re-install WHS I will make them both the same, that way I can't get it wrong.

I have it working now, I re-installed WHS and ran through the instructions and it worked, imagine that.

I changed the pic in my other post from one of failure to one of success.

It's nice to know that Windows Home Server works for this seeing it is less than $100 for the OS versus almost $400 for the cheapest Windows Server 2003 version.

Nice work!

That's great!!! Updates will only require copying of new files to the appropriate directories. Speaking of updates, I've got a version now that's got a few more widgets (including a MediaZone), and the beginnings of a plug-in architecture. I'm still waiting for Gizmox to release the new version of the toolkit so I can implement an iTunes-like Cover flow control to manage Media.

Wayne, would you mind trying to post the zip file I sent you. I'm still getting errors when trying to upload. Let's see if it's something with my setup.

Thanks,

-John

That's great!!! Updates will only require copying of new files to the appropriate directories. Speaking of updates, I've got a version now that's got a few more widgets (including a MediaZone), and the beginnings of a plug-in architecture. I'm still waiting for Gizmox to release the new version of the toolkit so I can implement an iTunes-like Cover flow control to manage Media.

Wayne, would you mind trying to post the zip file I sent you. I'm still getting errors when trying to upload. Let's see if it's something with my setup.

Thanks,

-John

When did you send the zip? I have not received one at either of my e-mail addresses.

[/quote]

When did you send the zip? I have not received one at either of my e-mail addresses.
[/quote]
The one that you just installed and is working

OK, I thought maybe you tried to send the updated version you mentioned.

I tried to upload the file but I got this error.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following errors were found
There was an error attempting to upload the file. Please contact an administrator
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------