Premise Premise Home Automation User Interface (PremiseHUI)

Motorola Premise
OK, I thought maybe you tried to send the updated version you mentioned.

I tried to upload the file but I got this error.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following errors were found
There was an error attempting to upload the file. Please contact an administrator
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same error I got. Dan, if you're monitoring it looks like it's more than just my account. Any ideas?

No, can you upload it somewhere else (or even as an attachment here if it isn't too large), I'll try upload it myself.

If you guys want to use some of my space while you figure it out, you are more than welcome. Let me know.

I have made some changes to the server which might fix this problem. I just tested this myself by uploading a few more zip files which are rather large, and everything is working now. Can you guys try to upload that file again please? Thanks!

I have made some changes to the server which might fix this problem. I just tested this myself by uploading a few more zip files which are rather large, and everything is working now. Can you guys try to upload that file again please? Thanks!

Whatever you did fixed it!!! Thanks! The file is uploaded.

John -

Nice! I can see where this is going....Sooo...I loaded up TWCI Weather (nice job), installed the HUI, finally got the page to render (blue, thats it), as it loads, it tosses me this

Code:
System.Net.WebException: [BrowserHttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer]<BR>Arguments:NotFound<BR>Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See <A href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=2.0.31005.0&File=System.Windows.dll&Key=BrowserHttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer" rel=nofollow target=_blank>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106...on_RemoteServer</A> ---> System.Net.WebException: [BrowserHttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer]<BR>Arguments:NotFound<BR>Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See <A href="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=2.0.31005.0&File=System.Windows.dll&Key=BrowserHttpWebRequest_WebException_RemoteServer" rel=nofollow target=_blank>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106...on_RemoteServer</A><BR>at System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)<BR>at System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClass5.<EndGetResponse>b__4(Object sendState)<BR>at System.Net.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass2.<BeginOnUI>b__0(Object sendState)<BR>--- End of inner exception stack trace ---<BR>at System.Net.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)<BR>at System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)<BR>at Gizmox.WebGUI.Silverlight.State.Proxy.ProcessManifestResponse(IAsyncResult objResult)]

Silverlight gets to 97% then throws this out. Weather, classimages, etc are loaded into the directory/web server......so that part seems right. Latest Silverlight, .Net 3.51....Any ideas?

So it continues....It finally appeared! Then just as quickly, after adding a couple more 'Show in HUI' from the Premise Builder....it went away.

So now I am getting a 403 error at http://localhost/PremiseHUI/Route/1.79.1/i...iseHUIMain.swgx, which would indicate a permissions problem....

But where?
I don't have my setup here in front of me, but I do recall a permissions issue with minibroker.dll that caused a similar problem. I think I wrote it up in the word document.

I'm seeing the HUI (rather than "hooey" let's pronounce that "Huey" as in Huey, Dewey, and Louie) but I had to alter two of the installation steps involving IIS Manager.
  1. I registered .wgx and .swgx for the Default Web Site but was not asked to "apply the extensions on other virtual directories". So I repeated the registration of the two extensions for the PremiseHUI virtual directory.
  2. Right-clicking the computer name did not produce the menu depicted in the instructions. To add the .XAP extension I did the following: right-click Web Sites, select Properties > HTTP Headers > File Types > New Type.
I didn't import PremiseHUI-0.0.2.xdo and that caused HUI to throw an exception. I now realize that I omitted to read this thread's first message! Perhaps its contents can be added to the installation document.

It's all good now and I look forward to exploring this very promising new front-end to Premise.

Observations:

Enabling ShowInHUI for objects that are "parent containers", like House and Floor, will cause confusion for the UI. For example, clicking on FirstFloor in the UI will show its child objects, namely a set of Rooms, that cannot be clicked. The UI appears to be optimized for displaying containers filled with devices (i.e. FamilyRoom containing Lights, MotionsDetectors, MediaZone, etc). Perhaps a future version of the HUILocationEx class can disable the ShowInHUI property for "parent containers".

Selecting a light will display its asssociated icon. Selecting another light will superimpose its icon onto the previous one (i.e. first icon remains visible under the second icon). There needs to be a "wipe the slate clean" operation before an icon is displayed.

The contents of a Room are displayed with a table-like grid that has black borders. I assume the borders will be eliminated in a future version?

I intentionally tried to keep the Locations paradigm "flat" to get away from a hierarchical model. It's different than the current UI, but seemed to me to be easier to navigate (trying to keep it wife-proof, and she doesn't think hierarchically).

I need to look at the superimposing of images, I thought I had fixed that. Good catch!

The grid was there to help me ensure things were lined up and I intend remove the grid lines.

If you want to experiment, look at the class library folder and replace some of the files with some of your own making. The Premise Icons that I'm using really aren't designed to display at the higher resolution of the UI, so they can use a face lift. All you need to do is keep the name of the file the same, and the UI will dynamically load the image associated with the class.

Could one of you look and see what the response is (or should be) for this action?

From the IIS Website View, you should be able to select the PremiseHUI Top Level. Right click, then select 'browse'.
What do you get in the side panel? Blue? Nothing? Something else?

I would think I would get something similar to one of my other sites, such as the landing page. When I hit it, I get 'The website declined to show the page'....which would mean SOMEWHERE I have a permission wrong.....