Samsung SmartThings Integration

BobS0327 said:
By default your OmniPro Integration app is assigned to the "Safety & Security" category.  I tried changing the category to "My Apps" but the category input box is disabled.  Also, the app doesn't seem to appear in the "Safety & Security" area although it is categorized as such.

I've tried changing the category to "My Apps" in the name space but this only causes the category to be blank.  That is, the category input box is blank and it is disabled.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure I follow what you are doing. Here's a screenshot from my phone. The code you upload into the SmartThings web interface shows up in the My Apps section on your phone.

Attachments

• IMG_6187.PNG
    IMG_6187.PNG
    149.3 KB · Views: 49
ano said:
THANKS. That is a big help.  I have an Amazon Echo, IFTTT, and a SmartThings, and everything claims it speak with everything, but instructions on how to actually set these up are spare. I'm just in the early stages of deciding what I should connect to what.  Like it seem the Echo can connect to everything itself, so I'm not sure why i would connect them to SmartThings and THEN to the Echo.  All my Zigbee locks are connected to my Omni, so should I connect them to my SmartThings instead?  Lots of decisions. 

None of my devices (OmniPro, OmniStats, RadioRA 2) work directly with Amazon Alexa, which is why I went this way. Well RadioRA 2 does if you buy their Connect Bridge, but it only supports scenes and no individual light control. I have Zwave locks, but wanted to be able to manage their pin codes. SmartThings allows me to do this with a third party app / device handler I bought. I had a Vera originally, but the Zwave implementation is buggy and the hub would freeze while it repeated commands to locks.

I cannot change Safety & Security to My Apps.  I've tried changing it in the namespace as follows..

definition(
    name: "OmniPro Integration",
    namespace: "excaliburpartners",
    author: "Ryan Wagoner",
    description: "Provides integration with the Leviton/HAI OmniPro controller",
    category: "Safety & Security",
  /*    category: "My Apps", */
    iconUrl: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience.png",
    iconX2Url: "https:[email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>png",
    iconX3Url: "https:[email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>png") {
    appSetting "server"
    appSetting "port"
}

But the above change does not work.  I've include two screen shots to clarify the issue.  The category text input box is disabled which prevents me from making any changes.

Attachments

• ST1.png
    ST1.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 22
  • ST2.png
    ST2.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 22
BobS0327,

The issue is you need to configure the app from your phone. You only use the web interface to upload the code. Once that part is done open SmartThings on your phone, go the the Marketplace, scroll to the bottom and select My Apps. This My Apps section has all the apps that are created in your web interface. The categories are only for apps published to SmartThings cloud selection of apps.

rsw686 said:
BobS0327,

The issue is you need to configure the app from your phone. You only use the web interface to upload the code. Once that part is done open SmartThings on your phone, go the the Marketplace, scroll to the bottom and select My Apps. This My Apps section has all the apps that are created in your web interface. The categories are only for apps published to SmartThings cloud selection of apps.
Therein lies the problem.  I don't have a My Apps section in the Marketplace. I'm using a Samsung 6 phone and a Samsung Tab 3 tablet.  Neither have a My Apps section.

Unfortunately I don't have any Android devices to test with. The category doesn't matter as mine shows in the web interface as Safety & Security as well. Just to confirm you checked the SmartApps tab of the Marketplace as mine opens to Things and I have to switch tabs. You might search on the SmartThings forum on how to add a custom SmartApp in the Android app. 

Just to confirm you checked the SmartApps tab of the Marketplace as mine opens to Things and I have to switch tabs

Yep, I have to do the same. It gives me a list starting with "Smart Things Recommends" down to "Social" and then a "+ More" but no My Apps.

Problem Resolved.

I forgot to configure my Smart Things hub  under the My Hubs tab.  Every thing started working once I got the hub configured in MyHubs.

Thanx for posting this exceptional project.

ano said:
So the SmartThings Hub is running from my iPhone app., and its reported as "on-line" but when I log into the SmartThings web interface, it says I don't have a hub connected. Go figure.

Yea, I ran into the same issue.  It was the source of my grief as indicated above. If you log into the ST web interface and you do not have a hub listed under the MyHubs tab, then go into the My Locations tab and click on whatever is listed under Name.  You'll be prompted to enter your userid and password again.  After logging in, your My Hubs tabs should be properly populated with your hub info. 

BobS0327 said:
Yea, I ran into the same issue.  It was the source of my grief as indicated above. If you log into the ST web interface and you do not have a hub listed under the MyHubs tab, then go into the My Locations tab and click on whatever is listed under Name.  You'll be prompted to enter your userid and password again.  After logging in, your My Hubs tabs should be properly populated with your hub info. 
That worked. I'm not sure how you figured that out, but thanks.

BobS0327 said:
I mentioned that in post #15. SmartThings appears to have multiple clusters of servers and your hub only belongs to one. The main login doesn't redirect for some reason. I wish they would fix this issue. 

BobS0327 said:
Problem Resolved.

I forgot to configure my Smart Things hub  under the My Hubs tab.  Every thing started working once I got the hub configured in MyHubs.

Thanx for posting this exceptional project.

Glad to hear you are up and running! If you have any suggestions let me know. I know I need to implement a few more of the zones types. I would like to do arm/disarm, but need to figure out how to do authentication with SmartThings first as currently the HAILogger web API is open on your local network.

rsw686 said:
Glad to hear you are up and running! If you have any suggestions let me know. I know I need to implement a few more of the zones types. I would like to do arm/disarm, but need to figure out how to do authentication with SmartThings first as currently the HAILogger web API is open on your local network.
You said in your first post that SmartThings can "auto discover" devices. I see an the web portal I can add a device but its far from automatic. Is that capability in the app? (The iOS app is pretty confusing if you ask me.)

ano said:
You said in your first post that SmartThings can "auto discover" devices. I see an the web portal I can add a device but its far from automatic. Is that capability in the app? (The iOS app is pretty confusing if you ask me.)

Yes I agree SmartThings is slightly confusing. Once you give the OmniPro Integration SmartApp the IP address / port 8000 of the computer running HAILogger it will query the list of devices on your OmniPro and add them to SmartThings automatically.

ano said:
That worked. I'm not sure how you figured that out, but thanks.
Well, I just accidentally stumbled upon this resolution.  I did initially verify that my hub was listed under My Hubs but it just disappeared for some unknown reason.  Now whenever I log into the ST web interface, I verify that my hub is listed under the My Hubs tabs BEFORE I do anything else.

Back