Samsung SmartThings Integration

Yeah here still stuck on the Linux mono-services not showing much in a way of logging other than the service running and the API not showing up.

I have tried on the iSeries computer running Ubuntu 16.04/64bit and the RPi computer running Jessie.  I did have to install Mono-Services on the Jessie RPi computer.

pete_c,

I have it working on Ubuntu 16.04 with mono. This is in preparation to load it on a Raspberry Pi 3. The issue was loading the config as the path separator is different for linux and windows. Additionally mono doesn't support Environment.UserInteractive so I added a -i option so you can just run the program without using mono-service. I need to do some more testing and I'll post a new version.

I just posted version HAILogger 1.0.7 which adds Mono compatibility and uses the previous area state when the area is arming. I am using rboy's Open Door/Window/Switch/Lock Notifications and Action when the Hub Changes Mode app to ensure the doors are locked when the system is armed. With the old behavior it would lock the doors immediately as the SmartThings mode would change. Now the SmartThings mode changes when the countdown completes and the system is actually armed. 

I bought a Dell Windows PC for $99 on Black Friday so I'll gave something to run the logger on.

@rsw686

Good news! Thank you rsw686!

Got it running now on the Ubuntu 16.04/64 bit server. I see the web page now. Found out too that the event log was going to the root.

I see the booting stuff in the event log and via command line.

IE: mono HAILogger.exe -i and mono-service HAILogger.exe

IE:

HAILogger resides in the root as /HAILogger

The event log is being written to the root as:

HAILogger\EventLog.txt

HAILoggerEventLog.jpg

Tested on RPi Jessie and it works fine there too.

Here switched over to using the RPi's as slaves now for Homeseer and testing the Pine64 2Gb (a little larger than the RPi) running Ubuntu 16.04 / 64 bit server and the mini pc Xi3 / Xi5a also running Ubuntu 16.04 server now.The Xi5a is much larger than an RPi.

The Pine64 / 2Gb and RPi computer has an RTC with battery on it. 

Been goofing around with OpenWRT only there is no space for compiling c or using Mono.  That said I can maybe build a virtual box with OpenWRT and give it a try?  Only have 400Mhz single core computer chip though.

These devices are smaller than an RPi, have built in two NIC ports and wireless and here have added RTC to my test devices (1" X 2") powered now by the OmniPro 2 panel.

This is my first try at using Mono as I always develop for Windows. I do know my way around Linux (RedHat and clones) so Ubuntu / Debian / Raspberry Pi is familiar besides the apt-get commands. I always just hard code \ as the directory separator when in reality I should be using Path.Combine or Path.DirectorySeparatorChar. When I fixed the settings I missed the log part, which is why it is off. I'll get this fixed shortly (well maybe tomorrow).

I'm glad to hear it runs on a Rasperry Pi. I ordered one last night and it arrives today. Although this is for a different project for a friend. I'm reusing a lot of code from this project so SmartThings can subscribe to the GPIO on the Raspberry Pi. My friend has the Samsung Zigbee motions and sometimes they work great and other times there are delays. I'm thinking they are sleeping to conserve battery as his z-wave switches respond instantly. The idea is to get some cheap ceiling motions and hardwire them to a Raspberry Pi, which will present the to SmartThings.

Great news rsw686.

Here have tested Zigbee Securifi PIRs, door sensors and water sensors.  They are not the same price as analog stuff.

Mostly though just tinkered with wireless sensors but never have used them for security stuff (worthless to me).  That said stuff like my Davis Weather station is wireless and it works fine but there is no security dependencies on the weather station.

You can get GPIO digital io going easy on the RPI.  Here is a PiFace digital IO board.   I have PiFace RTC shims on three of the RPi's.

11772-01.jpg

Electron is playing with an automotive style digital io board interfacing it with Homeseer and Homeseer touch on the iPad.

2016-02-13%2020.52.41%20hstouch.jpg

2016-02-14%2004.47.24%20HDR%20module1.jpg

BTW the Pine64-2Gb ($29 USD) computer is pin for pin compatible with the RPi3 ($35 USD) except that it has more connections, RTC and 2Gb of RAM which allows it to run 64bit.  The RPi3 Jessie OS is not 64 bit and slower than the Pine64 2Gb machine.

View attachment 8033

BTW the Pine64-2Gb ($29 USD) computer is pin for pin compatible with the RPi3 ($35 USD) except that it has more connections, RTC and 2Gb of RAM (plus a modular WLAN/BT card) which allows it to run 64bit.  The RPi3 Jessie OS is not 64 bit and slower than the Pine64 2Gb machine and it has built in WLAN/Bluetooth.  The GPU on the Pine64 is dated but I have to date run all of my RPi's headless.  I did test the RPi's with Kodi but prefer to utilize my intel based Kodi STB's.  I did build a larger in wall box for one LCD TV (kitchen) to house an RPi KODI STB for a small footprint set up.

Jessie was made to run on both the RPi2 and RPi3 (32 bit).

RPI-Pine64.jpg

Hi rsw686, I'm so glad to have found this. I've gotten HAILogger installed (as well as MySQL). However, when I run HAILogger, I get a time out for core server. Is there anyway to debug further? I checked ip, port and keys are all correct. I read through the code and couldn't find any obvious ways to debug more. Any pointers much appreciated!

junying said:
Hi rsw686, I'm so glad to have found this. I've gotten HAILogger installed (as well as MySQL). However, when I run HAILogger, I get a time out for core server. Is there anyway to debug further? I checked ip, port and keys are all correct. I read through the code and couldn't find any obvious ways to debug more. Any pointers much appreciated!

I'm using HAI's C# SDK to handle the connection. What panel model / firmware version do you have? Can you ping the IP address of panel from the computer you're running HAILogger on?

I received my Windows 10 Dell. Even came with a keyboard and mouse for under $100. (Win 10, Yuck.)  I'm a UNIX lightweight, limited to occasional Mac Terminal commands. Now on to HAILogger and MySQL......

ano said:
I received my Windows 10 Dell. Even came with a keyboard and mouse for under $100. (Win 10, Yuck.)  I'm a UNIX lightweight, limited to occasional Mac Terminal commands. Now on to HAILogger and MySQL......

I have Windows 10 on two machines, but I prefer Windows 8.1 as it seems more stable. I never was a fan of Gnome / KDE so all my linux installs are GUI less. I use Windows for my workstation and the servers I manage are split Windows / Red Hat and clones.

You don't have to configure mySQL to use the SmartThings integration. That's optional for logging purposes only.

rsw686 said:
I have Windows 10 on two machines, but I prefer Windows 8.1 as it seems more stable. I never was a fan of Gnome / KDE so all my linux installs are GUI less. I use Windows for my workstation and the servers I manage are split Windows / Red Hat and clones.

You don't have to configure mySQL to use the SmartThings integration. That's optional for logging purposes only.
So I installed MySQL, created the schema, clicked lightning bolt, etc. I found the HAILogger.ini
So I set Database Logging to no and Time Sync to no. (I have the email board)
Sounds like I still need to be running MySQL even if I don't log to it?

So I filled out the HAI IP address, and key. Anything else needed?

We are a Mac household, and I'm running Mac OS X Server, which I kinda like. I even installed Wordpress on it and mostly got it running. With the Mac server you can even remotely manage iPhones and iPads which is interesting.

Back