Samsung SmartThings Integration

I believe I may have found a defect...

When I execute http://localhost:8000/ListZonesContact

Only the following is returned:
[{"id":11,"name":"Gar Mot Det"},{"id":13,"name":"TV Rm Mot Det"},{"id":15,"name":"Fr Dr Mot "}] 

I have a lot more zones which are not listed

DOS Console output is...

INFO: CoreServer: Starting up server
INFO: WebService: Listening on http://0.0.0.0:8000/
INFO: CoreServer: CONNECTION STATUS: Connecting
INFO: CoreServer: CONTROLLER IS: OmniPro II (3.16)
INFO: CoreServer: Retrieving named units
INFO: CoreServer: Unsolicited notifications enabled
VERBOSE: ExtendedStatus: Unhandled Auxillary 33 9 59 8 6 0 28 0 114 0 0 225 97
VERBOSE: ExtendedStatus: Unhandled Auxillary 33 9 59 8 6 0 28 0 113 0 0 17 97
VERBOSE: WebService: ListZonesContact

Besides ListZonesContact there is also ListZonesMotion, ListZonesWater, ListZonesSmoke, and ListZonesCO to match the SmartThings capabilities. Also the newer versions of the HAILogger have support for a few more zone types and plus auxiliary temp sensors with ListZonesTemp. You can see the zone mapping on the https://github.com/excaliburpartners/SmartThings-OmniPro page.

rsw686 said:
Besides ListZonesContact there is also ListZonesMotion, ListZonesWater, ListZonesSmoke, and ListZonesCO to match the SmartThings capabilities. Also the newer versions of the HAILogger have support for a few more zone types and plus auxiliary temp sensors with ListZonesTemp. You can see the zone mapping on the https://github.com/excaliburpartners/SmartThings-OmniPro page.
 Did a github update  and problems are now resolved.  I was using an old version of HAILogger which was the source of the problems.

junying said:
Got it. I filled out the application for developer program last night. Hopefully I'll get approved. I'll play around.

For the HAI SDK info? I think that's dead. I filled it out a few months back and never heard anything. Use the links posted in this thread for what's available online.

The SmartThings integration works good but I have two small enhancement requests:

1) Use the OP II long descriptions as opposed to the character-limited short names.
2) For units, buttons, etc. without a short name assigned, just ignore these.

That is generally the standard Leviton uses.

Thanks.

From my understanding the long names are only available in PC Access and not written to the controller. If you open a new PC Access file and read the setup / names from the controller the long names don't download. I do ignore units, buttons, etc without a short name by checking the HAI SDK .DefaultProperties flag.

rsw686 said:
From my understanding the long names are only available in PC Access and not written to the controller. If you open a new PC Access file and read the setup / names from the controller the long names don't download. I do ignore units, buttons, etc without a short name by checking the HAI SDK .DefaultProperties flag.
The long names make sense.  I was seeing a few units that were names thinks like UNIT 388 UNIT 241. Also, and I'm not sure why but it looks like everything is available to the SmartThings app., but in Alexa I have all units, but also some flags, scenes, buttons, etc. I think. Its hard to tell because my names are the same.  Other than units, what should Alexa be seeing?    

I had a unit I wasn't using show as UNIT XXX. I think this can happen if you edit a UNIT XXX name in PC Access and click OK without changing it. When I want to default them I edit the unit name in PC Access and clear it. When you click OK PC Access sets it back to the default UNIT XXX.

In PC Access when you create a automation rule and select Control (Unit/Output/Flag) these are the items that I have implemented the SmartThings switch capability for and will be visible to Alexa.

Thanks for this awesome post rsw686. I appreciate your work and documentation. This works perfectly for what I wanted to do.

Just got my Smarthings hub here and connected it to the Samsung mothership last night.  Baby steps right now here.

BTW has anyone rooted (jtagged) the device yet?

I like that the hub has a network interface port versus a wireless network interface port. 

I have a few Zigbee / Z-Way thing a ma jigs to test with while concurrently have the VRCOP / ZIM connected to the OP2 panel.

pete_c said:
I have a few Zigbee / Z-Way thing a ma jigs to test with while concurrently have the VRCOP / ZIM connected to the OP2 panel.
I have bad news for you. Zigbee and Z-Wave devices can't be connected to more than one network at once, so this won't work.  This is a big pain for me too, because I would like to have SmartThings control what the Omni controls, but it can't, at least not without disconnecting the Omni.

Understood Ano.

Yes the Zigbee wireless devices were being tested with two Almond + and one Almond 2015 hub devices which are currently in off mode; I tested the HAI ZIM with only one appliance and one lamp module (the other wireless stuff doesn't connect to the ZIM).

The current VRCOP Z-Wave network is a duplicate of the Z-Wave dot me network except that the status of the devices are not seen to change between the two controllers (IE: one network with two controllers).

Primary lighting switches here are all UPB (inside and outside lighting) and X10 (Christmas).

The Zigbee devices have only been used to tinker with (Securfi door switches, PIRs, water switches, appliance and lamp modules - no wall switches).

BTW this is just really to get familiar first with the Samsung Smarthub as I will be just using it with the OP2 panel devices (and Amazon Alexa stuff). The only reason I got the Samsung hub was for rsw686's new stuff.

I wish that Samsung had a bit more than the mobile apps / W10 tiles stuff. Securifi has a Almond management web interface, touchscreen interface and mobile apps to manage it. They left the OpenWRT interface in place so you can do both for router management. Well too the Amazon Alexa. (sans cloud or with cloud these days).

Back