Samsung SmartThings Integration

Wondering here as I received an email relating to a firmware update .13 and if anyone has been updated yet?

I did a couple of warm reboots then unplugged device and plugged it back in; still at firmware V.11 though.

It was not active / offline for whatever reason.  Checked network cable to be fine.  Cold booted it a again and it got the update.

Status     ACTIVE
Firmware Version     000.016.00013
Hardware Version     Hub v2 US

I got the same message but didn't check yet to see if it updated.  Just looked at my app and it shows the new firmware version.

I just checked mine and it is running 000.016.00009. I'll try the manual reboot later and post the results. My second hub in the shop update automatically to 000.016.00013.

jtek said:
I modified the code a little to arm the Smartthings hub so it matched the Omni.  Just modify the OmniPro Area Device handler and change the code under the parsefromparent(data) function.  I added OFF so it would show disarmed on the Smartthings hub when the Omni is disarmed.  Thanks again for integration Ryan, it really is awesome to be able to use our Omni's sensors with smartthings.

Ah so you are monitoring the individual contacts. I have SmartThings monitoring the area contact device, which only opens if the OmniPro area is in alarm.

rsw686 said:
Ah so you are monitoring the individual contacts. I have SmartThings monitoring the area contact device, which only opens if the OmniPro area is in alarm.

My main goal was to be able to see the status of the alarm through the Smart Tiles and the only tile I can add is the alarm status of smartthings.  So now they will be in sync as the alarm arms and disarms so does the alarm status of smartthings and therefore updates my app and the smart tiles interface.

Also now that smartthings is armed when a contact in the house is tripped it notifies me as if it was a smartthings contact.

Hey guys, running into problems installing the .NET service. As you can see in the below it appears to be using the .NET Installation utility Version 2.0.50727.832 that is included in the HAILogger V1.0.8 package. When I tried to install using the included install.bat file I get the below. As you can see below this error problem HAILogger.exe is working as it should and providing the appropriate output.

Likely a rookie problem I'm experiencing here. Any quick fixes, or duh moments that could quickly get me up to speed?

___

C:\HAILogger>install

C:\HAILogger>InstallUtil /LogToConsole=true HAILogger.exe
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 2.0.50727.832
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Exception occurred while initializing the installation:
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\HAIL
ogger\HAILogger.exe' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a run
time newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded..
___

C:\HAILogger>hailogger
INFO: CoreServer: Starting up server 1.0.8.0
INFO: WebService: Listening on http://0.0.0.0:8000/
INFO: CoreServer: CONNECTION STATUS: Connecting
INFO: CoreServer: CONTROLLER IS: OmniPro II (4.0B)
INFO: CoreServer: Retrieving named units
INFO: CoreServer: Unsolicited notifications enabled
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Added to watch list Family
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Polling status received for Family
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Added to watch list Living
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Polling status received for Living
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Added to watch list Porch
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Polling status received for Porch
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Added to watch list Garage
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Polling status received for Garage
VERBOSE: ZoneStatus: 16 TS-INPUT, Status: SECURE
VERBOSE: ZoneStatus: 69 MS-HAL-S, Status: SECURE

Wow, just stumbled across this and as always am flabbergasted at what the home automation community comes up with and shares openly. 

I've been frustrated with how HAI seems to get more and more difficult to integrate with new technology/HA and this seems to be the key. 

Smarthings hub on the way.Any suggestions on cheap small light hardware for this to run HAI Logger and potentially PC Access on. Would love to use a Raspberry pi or potentially compute stick. Trying to keep the cost down a bit for the box that is just going to sit in the utility room and hum along...

Mac based with Windows emulator for now. 

Can't wait to dive in and play, and finally integrate some new technology using the smarthings hub.

Matt

I don't see why a compute stick wouldn't work.  I haven't tried it but since HAI Logger is .Net based, it might run on Raspberry Pi using Mono.  If you want low cost but don't care about power usage, you can get a used PC from eBay.

I have a Zotac CI323 barebones fanless PC that I added 8 GB RAM to and a 250 GB PNY SSD drive.  I have about $220 into it not including Windows as I already owned a copy.  I originally got the Zotac to run pfSense as my firewall/router because it has two 1GB NICs but ended up installing ESXi 6.5 so I could load multiple OSes on it.  ESXi is a pain to get installed because the video interface is not supported so you can't see to finish the install.

On ESXi 6.5, I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and pfSense.  HAI Logger is running on Windows 7 and works great.  I'm also saving on electricity because the original PC I had HAI Logger running on used about 300 Watts.  Last I checked, the Zotac was using about 8 Watts.

I'm using SmartThings as my interface for everything now including my OmniPro II.  I'm also using SmartThings MQTT Bridge so I can control some custom devices I made that use ESP8266 WiFi modules along with some SmartPlugs that use ESP8266 modules that I flashed with custom firmware.  Everything works flawlessly.

I have tested test application here on a variety of Linux boxes and they all worked fine.  IE: RPi2 running Jessie Lite, Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit running on Pine64 2Gb machine, AMD mini XiS, Intel iSeries 16Gb of memory. 

Goal here though would be to put the device in the HAI OmniPro 2 can.  The RPi2 is too big for me. 

Testing a small micro router firmware modded here with OpenWRT (linux) powered by the OmniPro 2 panel.  The device has a small CPU and not much memory to do much with it.  It runs LUA and you can compile c outside of it and run many programs this way.

Ideally it would be great to cross compile RSW-686's stuff over to the micro router and let it run there inside of the panel.

Here is what is seen via SSH (running Apache2 on the device also).  It has two NICs and wireless.  I have shut down the wireless but you could utilize it with an external antenna.  You can also do out of band management to the OP2 panel with it plugged in to a USB cellular stick. (drivers are all there).  I have modded other small micro routers with RTC/battery and did find a tiny RTC that would fit inside of this device.  It will do email fine such that you could set the OP2 clock fine without using the internet.

BusyBox v1.23.2 (2015-07-25 03:03:02 CEST) built-in shell (ash)

_______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 -----------------------------------------------------
 CHAOS CALMER (15.05, r46767)
  * 1 1/2 oz Gin            Shake with a glassful
  * 1/4 oz Triple Sec       of broken ice and pour
  * 3/4 oz Lime Juice       unstrained into a goblet.
  * 1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
  * 1 tsp. Grenadine Syrup

~# uname -a
Linux ICS-HAI 3.18.20 #1 Fri Sep 4 18:55:05 CEST 2015 mips GNU/Linux
root@ICS-HAI:~#

Here is a picture.  I am cleaning up my OP2 box a bit redoing much of the wiring in this endeavor.  I have removed the functioning RJ31X that was connected to a copper line and shifted it to an external Leviton RJ31X.  Next endeavor is to utilize a failover telco line board (tiny thing) which just senses if primary line is used it defaults to secondary line instead of seizing the primary line.  It is made for alarm panels and assumption is that it is UL approved.

Attachments

• HAI-New.jpg
    HAI-New.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 29
As much as I would love to use a Pi or other device that I could fit right into the Omni Can, I'ld have to rate my linux knowledge as less than newbie. I can follow a mean set of do this then that instructions, But I think that I'll try hauling out the old clunker PC and do a fresh windows 7 install for now... Keeping a close eye on this thread for the continued ideas and updates!

Thanks to all that are putting in the time and resources to connect these devices up and get the Omni in to the 21st Centuary H/A world..

You can also utilize Windows 10  or Windows 7 on a micro quad core Intel based mini PC today that is 3" X 5" and about 1" tall that would fit inside of your OmniPro panel or a 4.5" Intel based mini tablet.    Only thing is you wouldn't connect a monitor, keyboard or mouse to it to the mini pc.  New ones do run Windows, Android or Linux.  With Linux you do not need to see it running unless you remote to it via a command line or a RDP session (which can be heavy but totally not necessary).

What is nice about rsw686 Smarthings application is that it'll run on Windows or Linux just fine and doesn't need much of a CPU or RAM to run.

After you try it on the old clunker PC; tinker a bit with a new micro PC whether that is arm or intel or amd based; they are all computers and they all are about the size of your hand...well and Arduino's are the size of your thumb....amazing stuff....

This is a small computer today...it is 3" square and about 3/4" tall.

computera.jpg

Seeing an odd issue enabling the web interface. 

Running latest version (.7) on an Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit build on an ARM CPU and it works well without the Samsung interface disabled but crashes when running with the Samsung interface enabled. 

Has anyone seen this?

# Web service
# Used for integration with Samsung SmartThings
webapi_enabled = no
webapi_port = 8000

/HAILogger# mono HAILogger.exe -i
INFO: CoreServer: Starting up server 1.0.7.0
INFO: CoreServer: Retrieving named units
INFO: CoreServer: Unsolicited notifications enabled
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Added to watch list Thermostat 1
VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Polling status received for Thermostat 1

# Web service
# Used for integration with Samsung SmartThings
webapi_enabled = yes
webapi_port = 8000

# mono HAILogger.exe -i
INFO: CoreServer: Starting up server 1.0.7.0
* Assertion at metadata.c:969, condition `index < meta->heap_blob.size' not met

Stacktrace:

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
  at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor (System.Type,System.Uri[]) <0x0001f>
  at System.ServiceModel.Web.WebServiceHost..ctor (System.Type,System.Uri[]) <0x00023>
  at HAILogger.WebService.Start () <0x000f7>
  at HAILogger.CoreServer.Server () <0x0038f>
Native stacktrace:

mono() [0x489b94]

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

Totally removed mono and re installed it and all is well.

/HAILogger# mono HAILogger.exe -i
INFO: CoreServer: Starting up server 1.0.8.0
INFO: WebService: Listening on hxxp://0.0.0.0:8000/

Just an update to everyone on my issues… Did you know that Windows 10 will sometimes "block" a zip file that includes an installable file? I didn't realize this and fought and hodgepodged my way through the install trying to do something that should've taken a few minutes only to find it take hours. Then I learned about the magic "unblock" button and the Windows service instantly installs and presto everything is working like a charm!

Only big difference with my personal installation is I'm using Google Home instead of Amazon Alexa. I'm very impressed with how robust and well this works! Over 50 UPB light switches all responding to command, electric shades… piece a cake, infrared for my TV all good, good stuff!

Only thing, does this software/integration allow me to control outputs off the HAI? I have several outputs wired to various different things… electric door openers, electric bed, electric window operators… Would be pretty cool if I could toggle those and control all that stuff by voice.

Oh wow this is cool, will have to do a blog post and make a video about this home automation awesomeness soon!

you can program "Buttons" in HAI that smart things can control those buttons. works like a champ for my garage door opener. i have "mini" programs within HAI that check the current status of the door (open or closed) and activate the output to perform the action that i want.

Chassmain said:
Just an update to everyone on my issues… Did you know that Windows 10 will sometimes "block" a zip file that includes an installable file? I didn't realize this and fought and hodgepodged my way through the install trying to do something that should've taken a few minutes only to find it take hours. Then I learned about the magic "unblock" button and the Windows service instantly installs and presto everything is working like a charm!

Only big difference with my personal installation is I'm using Google Home instead of Amazon Alexa. I'm very impressed with how robust and well this works! Over 50 UPB light switches all responding to command, electric shades… piece a cake, infrared for my TV all good, good stuff!

Only thing, does this software/integration allow me to control outputs off the HAI? I have several outputs wired to various different things… electric door openers, electric bed, electric window operators… Would be pretty cool if I could toggle those and control all that stuff by voice.

Oh wow this is cool, will have to do a blog post and make a video about this home automation awesomeness soon!

Back