Samsung SmartThings Integration

Sounds like I still need to be running MySQL even if I don't log to it?

By default here it is running on Ubuntu server.   That said it is not running on the RPi2 and the program appears to work fine.

rsw686 said:
I'm using HAI's C# SDK to handle the connection. What panel model / firmware version do you have? Can you ping the IP address of panel from the computer you're running HAILogger on?

It's an old old firmware on Omni IIe. It's over 10 years old and probably firmware 1.0. I know the general connectivity is working because I have also an old version of an iOS app that connects to it and can control everything. I did wonder if it's a version issues, that HAI SDK doesn't support it any more. In the iOS app, I needed to put the pin code in to connect, whereas seems the new version only require the encryption keys. Thanks again.

junying said:
It's an old old firmware on Omni IIe. It's over 10 years old and probably firmware 1.0. I know the general connectivity is working because I have also an old version of an iOS app that connects to it and can control everything. I did wonder if it's a version issues, that HAI SDK doesn't support it any more. In the iOS app, I needed to put the pin code in to connect, whereas seems the new version only require the encryption keys. Thanks again.

You need firmware 2.16a or higher which supports the Omni-Link II protocol. The HAI SDK supports the older protocol, however I didn't implement the code as I have no way to test. I would recommend upgrading your firmware. You can purchase the chip for around $75.

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/HAI-20A04-50UPG-p/508.htm

ano said:
So I installed MySQL, created the schema, clicked lightning bolt, etc. I found the HAILogger.ini
So I set Database Logging to no and Time Sync to no. (I have the email board)
Sounds like I still need to be running MySQL even if I don't log to it?

So I filled out the HAI IP address, and key. Anything else needed?

We are a Mac household, and I'm running Mac OS X Server, which I kinda like. I even installed Wordpress on it and mostly got it running. With the Mac server you can even remotely manage iPhones and iPads which is interesting.

You don't need mySQL to be installed or event running to use HAILogger if mysql_logging = no. I originally wrote the app to log the zone, temp, etc to mySQL. Then I added time sync and recently the web service API for SmartThings. You can use the hai_time_sync, mysql_logging, or webapi_enabled individually or in any combination.

rsw686 said:
You need firmware 2.16a or higher which supports the Omni-Link II protocol. The HAI SDK supports the older protocol, however I didn't implement the code as I have no way to test. I would recommend upgrading your firmware. You can purchase the chip for around $75.

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/HAI-20A04-50UPG-p/508.htm
Figures :). Any chance you can share the SDK documentation? I'm pretty handy so wouldn't mind playing around with the code. Thanks.

junying said:
Figures :). Any chance you can share the SDK documentation? I'm pretty handy so wouldn't mind playing around with the code. Thanks.

I had joined the HAI developer program years ago. However I haven't seen anything more about that since Leviton purchased them. A google search found the C# SDK example code and the OmniLink II protocol documentation. There's a setting to change the connection version. The bigger issue is the older firmware reports the status, temp, etc differently and you had to check if it was ok to poll, etc. For improved hardware support, etc it is well worth the few dollars to upgrade the firmware.

rsw686 said:
I had joined the HAI developer program years ago. However I haven't seen anything more about that since Leviton purchased them. A google search found the C# SDK example code and the OmniLink II protocol documentation. There's a setting to change the connection version. The bigger issue is the older firmware reports the status, temp, etc differently and you had to check if it was ok to poll, etc. For improved hardware support, etc it is well worth the few dollars to upgrade the firmware.
Got it. I filled out the application for developer program last night. Hopefully I'll get approved. I'll play around.

Is the upgrade literally just a popout/popin of the chip? No settings or configurations?

Thanks so much again.

rsw686 said:
You don't need mySQL to be installed or event running to use HAILogger if mysql_logging = no. I originally wrote the app to log the zone, temp, etc to mySQL. Then I added time sync and recently the web service API for SmartThings. You can use the hai_time_sync, mysql_logging, or webapi_enabled individually or in any combination.
OK good to know. This PC is pretty low-power, 2GB Ram, 32GB Storage. Everything I can remove is good. When I received it from Dell, it only had 500MB free. There was so much bloatware on it like the MS Office trial.  Stupid.

Maybe a stupid question, but is there anyway I can tell if the HAIlogger is running and connected if its not logging to MySQL? 

is there anyway I can tell if the HAIlogger is running and connected if its not logging to MySQL?

On the windows version command line will show you it running or not.  Plus there is an event log created when starting the HAILogger.

Using Mono in Linux it creates an event log (but currently it is in the root on Linux) and shows it running.

Another way to see it running is that the API web interface will not come up if the HAILogger is not running or errors out.

Is the upgrade literally just a popout/popin of the chip? No settings or configurations?

Yes.  When you put in the upgraded firmware chips, PCA will also update to currently utilized firmware.

There have been many changes to the firmware since V2.16.  Omnitouch, email board, more hardware et al.

pete_c said:
Another way to see it running is that the API web interface will not come up if the HAILogger is not running or errors out.
How do you access that one on Windows?

OK HAIlogger is running!!!!

Now I'm trying to get the code into SmartThings.  I go to the SmartApp and Device Handler "code" tabs and paste. It seems to paste OK, but when I "Create" I get these errors. What am I doing wrong??

SmartApp....
startup failed: script14805672067561928841097.groovy: 5: unexpected token: < @ line 5, column 1. <!DOCTYPE html> ^ 1 error

Device Handler.....
Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script14805675854082136412642.groovy: 5: unexpected token: < @ line 5, column 1. <!DOCTYPE html> ^ 1 error

Somehow your pasting HTML into SmartThings and not just the code. In GitHub you want to click Raw when viewing the file then copy/paste from there

rsw686 said:
Somehow your pasting HTML into SmartThings and not just the code. In GitHub you want to click Raw when viewing the file then copy/paste from there
OK. I initially tried just using Notepad.  Then the Win 10 app store recommend a free program called "Serris Code Editor" that seemed to know how to open the "groovy" files. Then did a select, copy, paste.  I sign up for GitHub and try that.

Back