Haiku Space Questions/Troubleshooting/etc

Bushy said:
Q)  As per Haiku, my Temperature sensors show on the Security Screen which is a bit annoying as there not security zones and don't show any info. Can you either only show zone types that are security and/or add an option to remove unwanted zones.
You can hide items by removing the short name in PC Access, uploading the names to the controller and then refreshing the configuration in Space (using the top right action menu on the home screen).
Thanks for advising the trick to hide items. I'm using this method for timers & flags used by my HAI controller that mean nothing to the user.  The only issue for Temp & Humidity sensors is they need to have a short name to show on the 'Climate' screen.
​Would it be possible to only show 'security' type zones or don't show zone types 81 to 85?

Zones have config data that allows the programmer to know if they are temperature, thermostat, humidity, aux or security.  It shouldn't be a problem to have only the security zones show up in the security area.  Removing the short name should not be required.

I am currently looking to get Space, and although this wouldn't be a deal breaker, it would be a real annoyance to me.

lupinglade said:
The rooms are configured using PC Access, under the Extended Setup section. Space will pick these up and group your units (and any other items) for you accordingly.

Entering the rooms in extended setup "groups" the devices together by room. But you still have to scroll through every single one of the devices to find the room and the device you are looking for. Further, the room button is exaclty like the device button so it's easy to miss. There is no way to collapse the device (by room) so you only see the room name and can then expand it to show all the units in the room picked. So basically to get to the first device in room 8 I have to scroll through ALL the devices in the house to get to it.

Update re: can't get Space to to work with Beacons.

I tried using my iPad mini and my beacons where found ok so it was my iPhone 6.
I restored my iPhone from iTunes and used a iCloud backup to restore and all worked after that.

Hi -

You may want to add a dedicate page for iBeacon stuff as i'm sure the community will be really active with tips and tricks. I just setup 10 beacons and created a "follow me lighting" capability in the HAI panel.  Works pretty well but still have to fine tune the RF output and placement of the Beacons.

I have 2 useful suggestions - 

1. Can you have a dedicated page that shows the status of the beacons with signal level? (I do know that this can be seen (without signal) in the controller setup, but it is not easily accessed.)

2. Can you allow the user to setup iBeacons in a group so that only 1 in the group can be ON at any time (the strongest).  It would be important to still support the multi-on functionality thats inherent in the APP today.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jim

Low priority, but a few more icons would be great. Really would like an overhead fan icon. Thanks. SJ

SJHart said:
Low priority, but a few more icons would be great. Really would like an overhead fan icon. Thanks. SJ
We're working on this!

We're also working on the bug fix for the source change, sorry about that, I am not sure how its still there. If anyone can email me a crash log this would help. PM me if you are able to do that.

avpman2 said:
Entering the rooms in extended setup "groups" the devices together by room. But you still have to scroll through every single one of the devices to find the room and the device you are looking for. Further, the room button is exaclty like the device button so it's easy to miss. There is no way to collapse the device (by room) so you only see the room name and can then expand it to show all the units in the room picked. So basically to get to the first device in room 8 I have to scroll through ALL the devices in the house to get to it.
When organized by room in Extended Setup, the way to browse is through the Rooms item (House icon) on the home screen. Not using the Control (light bulb) section.

Hi,

1) When I disable smart triggers they still activate. The basic info screen still shows Enable but the Smart triggers screen shows (disabled)

2) When I try to add a camera in Smart Action they cameras are displayed but I can't select any. When I tap on any it returns to the previous screen and camera still shows 'none'.

Any feed back on the below issues previously posted?

Q) As per Haiku, my Temperature sensors show on the Security Screen which is a bit annoying as there not security zones and don't show any info. Can you either only show zone types that are security and/or add an option to remove unwanted zones.
You can hide items by removing the short name in PC Access, uploading the names to the controller and then refreshing the configuration in Space (using the top right action menu on the home screen).

Thanks for advising the trick to hide items. I'm using this method for timers & flags used by my HAI controller that mean nothing to the user. The only issue for Temp & Humidity sensors is they need to have a short name to show on the 'Climate' screen.
​Would it be possible to only show 'security' type zones or don't show zone types 81 to 85?

Q) The 'Rain Advisory' flag does not display the value anymore, only ON or OFF.

Q) Can't find 'All ON/OFF' function for units. Its under the lighting section (swipe left on the home page) and you will find it in the top right menu.

Found it on the 'Rooms' screen instead. Is this the correct place for it?

Thanks

Can you add a new action type?

It would be very useful to add an action that can simply turn a UNIT ON when triggered and OFF when deactivated.  For example, when I select a camera it would be nice to be able to have SPACE turn on a selected light while viewing the individual camera, then turn it OFF when the camera is no longer being viewed.  (I do realize that I can activate a BUTTON, but this would require that I create a lot of unnecessary buttons - and the button event would only turn the light on. A new ACTION would be able to turn the selected unit ON and then OFF directly. This would also be useful for some iBeacon actions. 

Thanks for your consideration.   :)

Jim

Hi, Since updating to Version 1.03 the app crashes now when I tap on a camera. The camera settings are set to Foscam. It worked ok in previous version.

Thanks
Scott

If I buy the space app with the same itunes account I used for Haiku, will it replace Haiku or can I have both apps on the same ipad running independantely?

I prefer Haiku at this point and dont want to replace it entirely yet, but want to take advantage of the sale price as long as I can continue to use both apps simultaneously on the same ipad.

Anthony A. said:
If I buy the space app with the same itunes account I used for Haiku, will it replace Haiku or can I have both apps on the same ipad running independantely?

I prefer Haiku at this point and dont want to replace it entirely yet, but want to take advantage of the sale price as long as I can continue to use both apps simultaneously on the same ipad.

It will not replace HAIKU - you can use them both at the same time. This is what I do also.

Jim

Bushy said:
Hi, Since updating to Version 1.03 the app crashes now when I tap on a camera. The camera settings are set to Foscam. It worked ok in previous version.
The fix is submitted to Apple. Should be out today or tomorrow.

Can't get user settings to work in a room. Every-time I put a user setting in a room, update configuration and then go to that room Space crashes.

Back