Special Brultech ECM-1220.H offer to cocoontech members.

EDIT - I've started another thread to discuss this new unit. Please use the new thread to post any discussion regarding the new model. I don't want to "muddy the water" of this thread other than letting people know that there is a new model coming out. Thanks!

There seems to be a new version of the energy monitor coming out sometime in 2009.

The new ECM-1240 monitors the main loads on a panel, but will also monitor up to five "sub loads."

The new ECM-1240 has the ability to not only track the real-time energy consumption of your entire home, but also simultaneously track and analyze the cost impact of several household loads.

All of this information is easily viewable on a connected computer or optionally via the internet.

Imagine being able to accurately track the consumption of:

Entire house panel (CH1)
Central Air unit (CH2)
Clothes Dryer (Aux1)
Electric Range (Aux2)
Water Heater (Aux3)
Spa (Aux4)
The software can then show what percentage of your bill is affected by these various large loads.

This is only one of thousands of possible scenarios.

It also looks like you can use channel 2 to monitor wind or solar power GENERATION on your system.

Wind and Solar Power Producers:

Consider the monitoring scenario described above. Now use CH2 for your grid-tied inverter to monitor the energy generated.

The NET-Metering capability of the ECM-1240 will allow you to record the amount of power returned to the grid, amount of energy used and the net difference, along with the four additional monitored loads.

It also looks like you can track water and gas usage via pulse counts if you meter allows that

Additional capabilities include using Aux1 or Aux2 to record the pulse count from a gas or water meter equipped with a pulse output.

And finally...

Any of the Aux inputs may also be used to monitor a DC voltage from various environmental sensors.

Looks pretty good IMHO and I am very excited about the new model. Again, please use this new thread for any discussion on the new model.

Thanks,

I just finished installing my ECM-1220. In playing around with the Lite software I occasionally see a "POLAR error" message. Does anyone know what this means?

-- Dave

I ordered one of the ECM-1220's through this offer quite a while back. I want to thank BrulTech for making the offer and supporting this community. I also want to let everyone know that I've created a plug-in for the ECM-1220 that works with Cinemar's MainLobby's automation software. It's available free at http://www.bobsplace.com/mlbrultech/ This isn't a Cinemar sanctioned plug-in so you won't find much discussion about it on the Cinemar forums.

I'm not finished yet, so there's still an opportunity to define what data and in what format the data is sent to MainLobby. If you try it and have suggestions or feedback, please let me know.

I get a similar message with my ECM1220.h, along with invalid COM port errors and also some other fault messages. I have sent Paul a couple of PM's, but have'nt heard back yet as I assume he is busy.

Have you tried using the latest drivers from the Brultech site? This apparently fixes some USB comms errors....

Good luck - I hope they upgrade the software soon!

I just finished installing my ECM-1220. In playing around with the Lite software I occasionally see a "POLAR error" message. Does anyone know what this means?

-- Dave

I get a similar message with my ECM1220.h, along with invalid COM port errors and also some other fault messages. I have sent Paul a couple of PM's, but have'nt heard back yet as I assume he is busy.

Have you tried using the latest drivers from the Brultech site? This apparently fixes some USB comms errors....

-- Dave

There are may fault messages that were left behind from troubleshooting. I will check to see if they have been taken out.

There is a new stable version of this software that will write to a database in the background. I thought I had posted it but I just checked and it has not been posted.

I'll have it posted first thing tomorrow... http://brultech.com/ecmsupportupdate.html

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have sent you a couple of PM's (to your BrulTech email) regarding my ECM1220.h and the ongoing USB issues. Can you check those emails and let me know if you require me to do any more testing? The unit is working, but I stil cannot connect to it via USB to download monthly data.
Cheers
Andrew

-- Dave

There are may fault messages that were left behind from troubleshooting. I will check to see if they have been taken out.

There is a new stable version of this software that will write to a database in the background. I thought I had posted it but I just checked and it has not been posted.

I'll have it posted first thing tomorrow... http://brultech.com/ecmsupportupdate.html

Paul

Back