touchpad firesale starts the 20th

should be easy to sell. just read on SD that a big ebay seller had 6300+ and they sold out in 20 minutes.

now live on best buy site! go now! http://goo.gl/gzVOM order for store pickup

shows up regular price, i'm sure they would adjust it

They are at BB on sale this morning. You can order and do a pickup. I just got mine. I ordered the 32Gb one.

What is the real difference between the two (16Gb and 32Gb) - is it just memory?

It looks like storage area; but is it built in or is it just an internal SD card?

So far its just internal memory and difficulty in cracking the case open.

Someone just mentioned to me on another forum that the memory is embedded.

As of 7:36 AM Central time; they are no longer available at the BB website (or locally).

I went back to order more; that was fast.

They are at BB on sale this morning. You can order and do a pickup. I just got mine. I ordered the 32Gb one.

What is the real difference between the two (16Gb and 32Gb) - is it just memory?

It looks like storage area; but is it built in or is it just an internal SD card?

So far its just internal memory and difficulty in cracking the case open.

Someone just mentioned to me on another forum that the memory is embedded.

As of 7:36 AM Central time; they are no longer available at the BB website (or locally).

I went back to order more; that was fast.

Pete,

Did you end up with more than 2?

--Dan

Seems like I am too early or too late everywhere. I went to Best Buy yesterday and they said they had them, but were shipping back to HP. I called them today, and they sold them all already! Every online site is out of stock except Newegg, which claims they aren't giving the $100 price.. my guess is they will, but they don't have a price guarantee/protection policy. Ugh!

Dan,

Here's my BB story.

Early this morning I ordered one from a nearby BB. The nearby BB wasn't close enough so I ordered from another nearby BB canceling the first one. When I cancelled the first one; the web site cancelled the second one (don't know how that happened). I then ordered again from the nearer BB location. 30 minutes or so passed by and I went back to the BB site wanting to order two more locally; they were all gone by then. All of this between around 6 AM and the time I posted earlier this morning.

Gets better.

BB wrote about noon today and said they had no HP tablets in stock and that it was "Not Available for Pickup"

Checking on the details.

BB corporate told its stores to sell the tablets today at the discounted prices of 99/149 last night around 7 PM.

The employees bought most / all of the remaining stock in all of the stores last night (along with some customers) from 7 PM until closing yesterday.

The stock numbers though didn't change on their computers; so there were none left this morning.

Actually checking with one store; 30 very irate customers showed up to pick up their web ordered tablets at one local store.

A rumor ....

HP may not be discontinuing the tablet and this was a sales thing...kind of an "in your face" to Apple...which would be an interesting tactic...

I've personally always liked HP products; even their laptops are levels above Dell (which I personally have absolutely no praise for)....

I already made that rumor up (In my head) and would not be surprised if it comes true.

Gets better.

BB wrote about noon today and said they had no HP tablets in stock and that it was "Not Available for Pickup"

Checking on the details.

BB corporate told its stores to sell the tablets today at the discounted prices of 99/149 last night around 7 PM.

The employees bought most / all of the remaining stock in all of the stores last night (along with some customers) from 7 PM until closing yesterday.

The stock numbers though didn't change on their computers; so there were none left this morning.

Actually checking with one store; 30 very irate customers showed up to pick up their web ordered tablets at one local store.

A rumor ....

HP may not be discontinuing the tablet and this was a sales thing...kind of an "in your face" to Apple...which would be an interesting tactic...

I've personally always liked HP products; even their laptops are levels above Dell (which I personally have absolutely no praise for)....

hurry http://www.amazon.com/Smartbuy-TouchPad-QUALCOMM-Snapdragon-Wireless/dp/B0056UOUC8?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals

looks legit...double check

update: 16gb just went out of stock

32gb http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056UOUHS/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=A33Y0YQUZ2NYD5

Back